What could have been

Start from the beginning

She tugs harder at the embrace not hesitant at his touch, the way his left hand beigns to  curl up around her waist, right hand fingers entwining themselves among hers. His lips find solace under her eyelids as they proceed towards the bed, placing the softest touch while his hands move up across her back covering the exterior of dewy raw skin completely with his rough manly fingers, exquisite to her at one time.

'Don't leave me' She lets out a silent cry.

'I'm here' He places a long kiss on her lips assuring her he won't make another mistake of hurting her again.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Ashar places himself behind her form tilting his head, pressing his lips on her spine careful not to awake her.

She is securely curled in the duvet after a tiring yet exhilarating night.

'It's cold. Please turn off the AC' She mutters sounding disturbed in sleep.

'Khirad it's burning out there.' He utters shockingly, seriously worried for her health.

'open the window then' She turns and buries her head in his chest still not willing to open her eyes yet.

'no problem then let the servants see us like this' He remarks cheekily smirking at their bodies coiled in bed together. 

'See us like  what?' Raising her brow she pouts slightly hinting he's not the only one who is good at playing games.

'I left you for a week and this is what you have become, what happened to my wife' He places his finger on her chin lifting her face somewhat shocked at her bluffness.

'who told you to leave your wife like that then?' She complains still hurt by what happened before his departure. Still unaware of the reason of his harshness.

'I am sorry khirad, I really am. I promise it won't happen again ever' Ashar cups her face lovingly placing a kiss on her forehead not wanting to bring Khizar in current conversation and ruin the happy bubble .

He starts teasing her with morning kisses not letting her rest anymore while she giggles complaining she was  better off without him all these days in this room.

"soch lo phr se chala jaon ga' That's when his secretary calls and he fixes today's meetings.

Khirad scowls, 'yeh kya tha. Kahin nhi jaa rahe aap aj. Bilawaja naraz ho kr do haftay baad ghr atay hain aur ab office jana hai aap ko.'

She wasn't letting him go easily this time especially now when a good news awaited him. If it was for her she would stare at him all day long making up to all the nights and days she spent without him crying.

'aya bh toh tumhare liye hoon na' Tugging her hair behind her ear he smiles resting his leg on her bringing them even more closer. 'it won't work  this time' She retorts back still mad at him. '

"ab tk khafa ho.' He questions still smiling, loving her unabashedness .

"aap call kr ke meeting cancel kr rahe hain ya mein Hyderabad chali jaon.'

'Hyderabad kahan se aa gya beech mein' Her threat startles him, they were rare and he knows she isn't kidding this time.

'Jese Islamabad aya tha. If you can leave me I can do the same and go for a week.' 

She stares at him for  good ten seconds. 'meeting cancel kren forran'

Knowing his wife's stubbornness he immediately cancels the meetings. 'log kahenge biwi ke chakkar mein business duba diya.' She beams at him following a burst of laughter from both.

"Your phone's ringing' She reminds him while laughing with him.

Answer it yourself.' He says making a mental note the only way to make it up to khirad was to avoid work for a good seven days at least.

Khirad answers his phone a bit surprised to have sara on the call. Ashar signals he isn't going to talk yet so she answers sara's questions about his whereabouts herself. 'No sara Ashar is fine. He's bust with some stuff (The stuff in question was khirad herself) ....that's why he cancelled the meetings. I'm sorry he can't talk to you right now, I'll let him know.'

She cuts the call unable to control her squeal as ashar nips her collar bone.  

Tsk tsk tsk lrki tum ne toh jhoot bolna bh shuru kr diya hai'

'kesa jhoot. Aap masroof hi toh hain'. She states naively.

He's about to pull her in for another hug when khirad leaves the bed in frenzy barely holding the sheets around her.

"Khirad . what's wrong. Are you okay' He asks concerned, seeing the changing colours of her face. wrapping herself in the white sheets cursing her morning sickness to act up at wrong timing she rushes to the washroom.

Ashar knocks the door apprehensively calling out her name again and again.

Her limbs begin to pain because of constant barfing. Khirad sits on the cold bathroom floor weeping to herself. She feels her inside breaking up again, as if something is engulfing her.

Burying her face in her hands she cries not understanding herself what was the exact reason for it. Her trance breaks as ashar knocks the door again calling out her name.

She wipes her tears and splashes ice cold water on her face. She knows he's going to question her now. Should she tell him now? If not now then when? She starts crying again hating how weak she feels at the moment.

Wearing his white kurta she unlocks the bathroom door. Ashar stands there distressed. 'Khirad What happened. Why are you crying.' He holds her shoulders and caress her face with the other hand.

Khirad hugs him not able to hold it anymore, sobbing and crying she whispers 'I'm pregnant. This is what I wanted to tell you on phone.'

Both continue to stand there hugging each other. He stays there hugging her numb and internally ecstatic and shocked. Last he remembers he cried when his father passed away and now this news. 'I love you khirad.'

Tightening his embrace with this whisper he buries his head in her hair.