Forced Rest

The wood creaked under his weight. Damn, he was trying to be as quiet as possible.
"You're doing again ain't ya?" The blonde girl said without moving her head to look at the golden boy that was standing besides the doorframe.
Without answering the former alchemist cleared his throat.

"Do what?" he said while moving all the way to the door, since he had already been discovered, there was no point on hiding.

"Don't play dumb Elric. You've been staring at me for the last 20 minutes" the girl said sighing heavily.
"I'm just worried, you've been working a lot, without resting" Ed was unsure if he could move toward her or not, the hormones of the pregnancy have made Winry to act a bit more aggressive than before, even if she said he was wrong, he just knew it had to that
"I told you, this is important"
''I know you said that, but you always say that Win''. This had been a constant struggle between them, since Winry had told Ed she was pregnant, the golden boy had start to be all over Winry 24/7.

"You can't keep on acting as if I'm going to die if I keep on working" Edward walked all the way to Winry ans sat on the edge of her work table and looking down to the woman he loved
"I just want the best for you and the baby, look at you, you can barely work with... The belly".

He said unsure of how to Teel that she now had a nig Nelly because of the pregnancy, cause last time he had tried to tell her that some clothes might not fit her anymore she had gone all rampage saying stuff like how it was totally normal for her body to change and he should just accept it, although it seemed more like she was saying those things for herself.

Finally Winry raised her head in order to be able to look at Edward's golden eyes, the beautiful eyes she so much loved. Except this time besides the love she felt she was also starting to feel bothered about the way Edward was over her, maybe it was the hormones that just made her more sensible to everything. The Rockbell had noted that in the past 6 months, which were the ones she had been pregnant, all the emotions she fellt were far more intense now, than before she was pregnant. And somehow that also seemed to affect Edward, not that the boy didn't care before about Winry, but at least he used to be more rational. He still was, beneath all the over protective attitudes, its just that he was so stubborn, not to mention Winry was just as stubborn as Ed, so of course they would sometimes ended up arguing.

After a long period of time, were Winry and Ed were just staring at each other, both with their eyebrows furrowed. Ed gave in sighing, Winry only blinked and moved her hand towards her belly and rubbed it softly.
"Ed, I've told that it's complete normal for my body to change"

Oh man, again with this.

"Winry, I'm not talking about your body"
"I know but every time you say something about my body, you say as if it's something weird!"
"I do not!"
"Oh come on!"
"Winry!"
"Don't you Winry me!" the blonde said while getting up from her chair. Edward sighed and pinched the breach of his nose, trying to calm himself down, he had to be rational, or at least he had to try and calm her, either way he had everything planned for the day.

Let's say, that behind Winrys back he had canceled his appointments for the day, so that she could rest. He knew this was gonna make her a bit mad, well maybe too much, but being honest, she deserved to rest, she had been working all week without resting, besides Ed had already caught Winry trying to do some physical work when she shouldn't, it wasn't a lot but Ed was really worried, he might be overreacting a bit, but he preferred to be worn than to have an issue with Winry and his baby.

"I've already told you that this needs to be done today, Pinako needs it tomorrow"
"Yeah... About that" Ed said diverting his eyes from his wife and rubbing his neck feeling the coming storm above himself. "Maybe she could wait"
"She can't, she specifically told me she needed it as fast as possible"
"Maybe I told her that you were going to rest" those words that came out of Edwards mouth came like a whisper. A soft whisper that striked Winry like thunder.
"you what?" her words were so harsh yet so soft, with the perfect tone that had always scared Ed, it was even more terrifying that when she was totally angry.

Edward gulped as he dared to look into the ocean eyes of his wife.
"I talked to granny" The golden boy said tensing his shoulders and sweat dropping a bit. "She also agreed with me Win, you need to rest, at least one day" The brow of the engineer girl furrowed even more and her lips formed a thin line downwards showing all the anger she felt. Her gloved hands reached for a wrench and hold it so tight that it was hurting her.

"This is important to me Edward!" Her voice sounded on all the room, and instinctively Ed took a step back. He was surprised, the times before Sha had gotten angry but it had gone okay, he had never seen her so angry. Was there something wrong that Ed wasn't aware? Had she have had a bad day?
"How could you do this to me?!" She said again and her hand that was holding the wrench raised, but nothing happened.

Ed opened his eyes and looked to Winry, who was now crying
"Winry?" Ed asked and got closer to his wife "are you okay?" The tears were streaming down her face unto her cheeks. The former alchemist gently wiped away her tears and pulled her into a hug
"I'm sorry Win"
"It's not you" she whispered giving into and hugging him back "I just... I just don't want to feel useless"
"Don't say that, you could never" he said caressing her hair softly and giving her kisses on her forehead, the girl could only sniffed "I now I've been over protective but I want you to be healthy, it might look like I want you to stop working but I don't want that, you are amazing at what you do, and I know there's a lot of clients that need your automails. I love you and I love the baby you're carrying, so I want you both to be healthy and well cared"
"you're such a good husband" she mumbled hiding her face onto the chest of Ed
"I know" he said grinning on a cocky way and giving her another forehead kiss
"I love you too".