Where we came from

The first time Pierre and I met, I didn't even know his name. After everyone found I was a girl, I started not really giving a fuck about who was important and what not. Apparently he was pressed that I shut the door from the outside. We were both 16 at the time and it made it clear he couldn't handle my pressure on the track. He found me later in the pits after the race. I would be normally be accompanied by either Max or Charles but they were off preparing for their next heats. My father  was racing in Formula 1 that particular weekend. Charles and his family had helped me get to and on the track. Jos was in one of his unpredictable mood swings so I steered clear of their garage for the time being. I was pushing my kart back into my garage when I heard someone walking behind me. I turned around and took a helmet to the chest. There was this kid, much taller than me, digging his helmet into my stomach. Who the fuck did he thinks he was?

Sure I had seen him around the track but I tended not to take note of my competitors.

"You pushed me off the track, you bitch."

This was the boy who swerved in after she passed him on the outside.

"My pass was clean. Its not my fault you don't have the balls to go wheel to wheel with me."

He pulled his helmet back to his side but took a step closer to her.

"If you dont think I have the balls, how about we find out?"

She just raised her eyebrows at his growing smirk. He grabbed her chin and pulled her face up to him ever so slightly.

"How about tonight?"

She was just about to speak when Max came barging in. She noted how quickly the boy back up away from her.

"Eevi I need that part off your kart again, mine fried last-"

He glared at Pierre. Max walked over to her and her kart. He started to undo the part as he whispered to her.

"He's french, V and friends with Charles."

Max and Charles weren't fans of each other. They both tolerated Eevi. If one was around her the other tended to stay clear. Max took the part off her kart and walked out of the garage shaking his head. Thats one thing they shared, few words.

"If I wanted to, I cant. I leave tonight."

"Youre not racing the rest of the weekend?"

"No, I got the points I needed. Now if you'll excuse me."

She went to storm past him but he grabbed her arm. He spun her into him. There was no room between them now.

"Oh come on, I'm sure you have sometime to blow off some steam; especially after Max didn't let you pass."

She held in a growl. He had a point but she didn't even know his name. He seemed to know her. Charles was around him a lot to.

So she did what her father would do.

Fuck it cause you only live once.

The next race weekend she was setting up on the grid. Jos walked from P1 where Max was and over to her at P2.

"Are you all good, Eevi?"

She just nodded her head and grabbed her helmet out of her kart. It's not like Jos would help her if she wasnt. He walked down the grid and then off the track. Someone tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and expected it to be Charles.

She could tell it was the boy from the o
previous weekend. His white overalls gave it away. She saw his name sewn into it. P. Gasly.

"So if I pass you, would I be correct if I were to say you might need to release a little like last weekend?"

She glared at him as she shoved her helmet over her head.

"It was a one time thing."

Max shot a glance over to her and shook his head as he put his helmet on.

"You say that now sweetheart."

"Get out of my way, Gasly."

She faked a french accent as she said his last name.

He stormed back to his kart. She could have sworn that she saw Max laugh a little.

By 2014 we were all racing in the bottom level of Formula racing. Charles and Max stormed ahead. Each of us were staggered by a year when we entered Formula 1. I was originally going to sign with Williams until I got a call one day.

"Hey dad. Yeah im supposed to be at the factory in a few hours to finalize everything."

What he told me next I wasn't ready for.

"I- what do you mean you're not renewing your contract with Ferrari?"

He told me that I should expect a call from Alfa Romeo. He wanted me to hear them out before I signed with Williams.

"With Charles taking your seat, I see how it opens a spot up but still."

Then came the call. It only took a few hours after the press released Alfa Romeo's new driver line up. Even it surprised me. I was dumb enough to not ask who my teammate aas going to be.

Eevi and Kimi Räikkönen.

I was going to race in Formula 1 and my dad as my teammate.