| fourteen

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗜𝗚𝗔𝗡

chapter fourteen:don't fuck with the babysitter:jason carver edition (featuringthe bat!)

chapter fourteen:
don't fuck with the babysitter:
jason carver edition (featuring
the bat!)

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

THE THOUGHT OF separating from Steve again was enough to send Serenity's mind into a spiral.

She had known it was coming. She had been the one to come up with the God damn plan in the first place. But now, as Steve drove the camper through the golden sunset, everything became real.

Serenity, Lucas, Max, and Erica were the group going to the Creel house. They had lanterns with them so they would be able to find Vecna in the house, just like they had done with the flashlights the day after Serenity escaped him. Once they did, Serenity would allow herself to get taken by Vecna, but in order to keep herself alive, she would remember one of her happiest memories — the parking lot of Hawkins middle school and the Snow Ball, where Steve and her had shared their first kiss. When she was under, Erica would run across the street and communicate to the group going to the Upside Down with flashlights to signal that the next part of the plan could start.

Steve, Nancy, Robin, Dustin, and Eddie were going back to the Upside Down through the Gate at Eddie's trailer with the weapons they had made back at the field. The first three would be going into the Creel house in the Upside Down to find him in his trance-like state while he was attempting to take Serenity. They had guns, they had fire — basically everything to destroy him. To draw the Demo-Bats away from the house, Eddie would play a song on his guitar as a distraction. Once it gave Steve, Nancy, and Robin enough time, Eddie and Dustin would get out of the Upside Down before the Demo-Bats attacked them.

They were pretty fucking stupid to go after Vecna like this. Serenity knew that. But if they didn't do it, who would?

The camper was stuck in a tense silence. Absolutely no one was talking. After all, what could they say? They were all sitting in different spots, wearing their protective gear and holding their weapons. Serenity sat in the passenger seat next to Steve, holding the spiked bat close. Her Walkman was strapped securely to her pants and her headphones rested around her neck. Don't Stop Believin' was already in, ready to go.

Finally, the camper slowed to a stop. Serenity looked out the window to see the horribly familiar crumbling Creel house in front of her. She swallowed her nervousness and clenched her jaw in determination. Serenity wanted Vecna to burn. Not just for everything he had done to her, but for everything he had done to Will, and Eleven, and the rest of her kids.