𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐬

Start from the beginning

the soft buzzing of the radio mellowed down the loud rock music blasting from the neighbor bar, fingers flipping through the glossy pages of this random teenage magazine that her co-worker had left before leaving the morning shift.

it was about a quarter past ten, noticing that her regulars were nowhere to be seen yet did not question anything since she wasn't in her place to do so- for all the (h/c) haired girl cares they might even be dead by now.

at least this meant that she was having a calm night at work with little to none to clean up, and maybe she can close up earlier to catch up on that series that she's been watching lately.

her attention was taken when someone coughed, eyes looking to the side to see a guy around her age- braids almost undone as his face was littered with scratches and cuts.

ah, this must've been the work of those haitani brother's.

"i take it that you want to get patched up?"

"no shit. where's the direction to the nurse."

in all of her weeks working at that shitty place called a clinic, even when working with the drunkest of customers- no one dared to give her an attitude. who the fuck does that when their safety was in her clumsy hands?

y/n knew that this guy wasn't those who she normally saw walking around the alleyway like they own the place- his purple eyes holding a look that only kings would have whenever they're looking down on peasants. he intrigued her with that mysterious aura of his.

biting down on her sharp tongue, she proceeded to instruct the male to sit down so that she can patch him up. she was aware that he had his eyes on her the moment that her hands held on his chin- yet ignoring it so that she can proceed on with her work.

"you could've asked for my picture if you're just gonna stare at me like that."

now, she wasn't the type of girl who would shamelessly flirt with her clients- the number one reason for this is because they were just not her type. and if good-looking ones do come in here. they're either married, divorced, or something complicated.

"if i did then would you give it to me?"

and from that moment on, she knew that she would be seeing more of this mystery guy soon- handing him a photo of her with her number written on the bottom that she had in her pocket just for situations like this.

she was enticed by those violet eyes of his that lazily looked at her with an amused grin etched on his face.

that night, he left with her photo inside of his pockets. (e/c) eyes watching his figure walk away with a small grin on her face- it then turned into a look of disappointment as she began returning the things inside of the kit that she had used.

that guy knew her name and her number, but with her being stupid, she didn't ask for his back.

"great, now i need to wait a little longer to cross that damned number off of my list. good going y/n."

but even when she wasn't the one who came out of this situation triumphantly, the (h/c) haired girl couldn't stop the smile on her face from stretching on her cheeks as she let out a hum.

maybe working the night shift at this sketchy clinic wasn't bad at all.

"oi, what are you smiling about? you're fuckin' creeping me out."

the girl was snapped out of her trance when she felt the man next to her nudge her arms- purple eyes narrowing themselves at her dazed ones as she couldn't help but give him a grin.

"i just realized that i never really got your name." the dual hair colored male gave her a weirded-out look, leaning his back on his motorcycle as his mind tried to piece together if she was even sane at this point.

"we've been hangin' out together for about three days now and you still don't know my name?"

y/n shrugged at this, taking a sip of her coffee that he had oh so graciously bought for her before coming to the clinic to pick her up. it wasn't her fault that she would always forget to ask him about his name when they were busy either by running away from the authorities or setting a pile of leaves on fire- almost burning an entire tree down too.

he let out a disappointed and tired sigh, fingers pinching the bridge of his nose as he lazily peered at her through his hands.

"it's ran. haitani ran."

"oh so you're the dude that my clients talk about?"

to the eyes of the public, both of them looked like an odd bunch of teenagers- one dressed up ready to kill them, and one of them ready to patch up their wounds.

it's true of course, the odd teenagers part. but at least they were together completing this never-ending list of hers that served as a menace to the society- scratch that, l/n y/n alone was a menace to society and without ran supervising her she would've already set fire to a random house.

ran shrugged, giving her a grin as he revved his motorcycle, the vehicle letting out a loud roar that overlapped even the clubs' loud music.

"i don't know, were they beat up as hell?

"beat up looking like shits." he let out a laugh, the female never failing to amuse him whether in her words or actions- that's probably why he decided to stick around.

"then that's totally me."

haitani ran and l/n y/n- both of them a menace to society but when bunched together ran acts like her guardian.

"so, are we still gonna go to that abandoned amusement park in shibuya?"

"y/n how many times do i have to tell you- we're not allowed to set things on fire."

yup, what a totally good dynamic they have.