"I told you to zip it." I say icily, and he shuts up.

Fukuzawa leans forward a little. "Chuuya, I can't say I've never been in your position before. When I was younger I actually started many fights, believe it or not." He smiles a little. "At Norbury High, we take bullying very seriously, and I can guarantee you that that boy you punched will get his punishment as well."

"Fine, what does he have to do?" I ask.

"I'm going to suspend you just for one day, Chuuya. I understand where you're coming from, but I need you to know that fighting isn't the answer to everything. If this happens again I'm afraid the suspension will have to be way longer."

"This is total bullshit." I grumble.

Fukuzawa gives me a soft smile, which I hate. "Kouyou, I know you weren't always my biggest fan, but please refrain from using foul language in my office."

It's my turn to sigh. "Well, see you around, Fukuzawa. I guess. You might want to think about retiring soon, you're getting a little gray."

He rubs his head. "Am I?"

I give him a half smile before standing up and starting towards the door. Chuuya follows me. One of the chairs in the office is now occupied by a boy holding an ice pack on his face. He's covered in bruises. He looks up and glares at us when he sees Chuuya.

"Is that the guy you beat up?" I ask. Chuuya nods. "Kinda scrawny." I note.

"He can hear you, you know." Chuuya says as we head back into the hallway.

"And?"

"Okay." We walk in silence for a minute. The hallways are completely empty, so everyone must be in class. We pass by a boy drinking from a water fountain and he looks up at us.

"Chuuya!"

"Oh god, not you." Chuuya groans. "What do you want?"

The boy is pretty tall, maybe about 3 or 4 inches taller than me. He has short wavy brown hair and brown eyes.

"Did you get suspended or something?" The boy smiles at Chuuya, who glares up at him. Interesting.

"Yeah, dumbass. Why do you think I was in the principal's office?"

The boy shakes his head sadly. "You know, you really shouldn't go around starting fights like that. If you're suspended all the time, you can't tutor me! And I can't help you with-"

"ANYWAYS!" Chuuya claps his hands together. "We were just leaving. I got suspended for a day so I'll see you in two days, I guess."

"Who's that again?" I ask Chuuya. Before he can get a word out the other guy steps in.

"I'm his best friend-"

"Noooo, you're not." Chuuya says.

"I'm his friend-"

"Still no."

"Chuuuuyaaa, we're not friends?" The guy whines.

"SHUT UP!" Chuuya yells at him.

The guy smiles and extends his hand towards me. "I'm Dazai, his best friend."

"Huh." I respond, not taking his hand. "Kouyou, his sister."

"Nice." Dazai turns to leave. "See you, shorty."

"Shut up, will you?!" Chuuya calls after him, before storming towards the doors. We exit into the bright afternoon and I hold a hand over my face to block the sunlight.

"You know, you two have some chemistry." I note.

"Excuse me?!" Chuuya says. "What- I don't even- I mean-" He sputters. "There's somebody else- I mean-"

"There's somebody else? Tell me everything, Chuuya!" I loop an arm around his neck and he shrugs me off.

"Shut up, you old hag! Stay out of my goddamn business!"

"You did not just call me an old hag, you brat."

"Yes I did! What are you gonna do about- Ahh!" He yells as I grab him and put him in a headlock. "Fine, okay, jeez, sorry." I release him and he rubs his neck. "Whatever, let's just go get pizza or something."

"I'm sorry, I don't think kids who are suspended should get pizza." I sniff haughtily and start walking in the other direction.

"Go throw yourself into traffic!" He yells after me. I smile to myself.

If there's one thing I'm grateful for in this god-forsaken world, it's that little asshole.

1245 words