Chapter 757: Seeing it all (2)

Start from the beginning

The god whispered in a tired voice.

– There are a lot of coincidences in this world, but I don't think that was the case for them.

Cale raised his head and looked at the ceiling for a moment.

There was no light on the dark ceiling. He clenched the golden plaque in his hand.

"The White Star was a chess piece as well?"

The red eyes curled up like crescent moons again.

– You could say that.

The god added on.

– The White Star thought that he could consume me and become a god once this temple opened. However, the truth is that it would have been the opposite. I would have consumed that bastard.

The god continued as if he was a bit amused.

– There is no soul in this world that has swallowed more despair than that bastard. Don't you think so?

Cale looked down at the golden plaque.

– That bastard should have lost a lot of precious things as his life reincarnated without an end. As long as he is human, he can't help but cherish something or show someone affection, even if by accident. And numerous people had to die because of that bastard's curse. I'm sure even the God of Death is regretting creating such a curse.

One step.

That was the distance between the red eyes and Cale. The god's eyes observed the golden plaque.

– How disappointing. It would have been great to consume that soul.

"The White Star was basically a sacrifice the Hunters had prepared for you."

The red eyes looked at Cale with a stoic gaze.

– .......

The red eyes were silent for a bit before looking away from Cale and staring at a distant location.

– He was a sacrifice for me but I doubt they did it for my benefit.

"Your relationship with the Hunters has gone astray?"

The eyes seemed to be smiling.

– Why would I tell you all of that?

"How disappointing."

Cale put the golden plaque away and shrugged his shoulders.

"I asked since you were answering everything."

– This is all I will tell you unless you make a deal with me. I will have no choice but to tell you if you do. You and I will be in a cooperative relationship at that point.

Cale looked as if he was thinking hard about something. The red eyes attentively watched him.

Cale truly was thinking hard about something.

'Should I pretend to make a deal and trick him?'

Or...

'Should I just beat him up? It's annoying.'

Cale was tired after dealing with these continuous illusion tests.

Although each situation was different, the test felt repetitive and he couldn't help but be a bit tired.

'I should just... Yes, should I just beat him up?'

The information about the Hunters the god would give him?

'I'll feel a bit sorry to his highness, but I'm sure something will come up if I peck around King Zed. Either that or I will ask Miss Cage to bring the God of Death over.'