Chapter 707: Only one answer (5)

Early at dawn... Silence descended upon this remote alley.

Nobody dared to say anything.

Clopeh Sekka had a calm smile on his face as he looked up at the sky while Tasha and the other robed individuals, who they believed were Dark Elves, seemed to be at a loss for words.

"Pffft."

Rosalyn seemed to find something to be funny, as she had her head down and was trying her hardest to not laugh.

Mary was simply standing there.

The silence was finally broken after a long time where Cale felt as if each second was as long as a minute. Tasha was the one to speak.

"...Are you talking about a religion?"

'Aigoo.'

Cale brushed his face with both hands.

"Is that 'Cale' a term for a god......?"

"A god?"

Clopeh shook his head.

"That sir is not a god. He is considered marvelous and can be called a legend because he is human."

If, hypothetically speaking, Clopeh had raised his voice and shouted with passion...

That would have been better.

However, Clopeh was as calm as possible. He was wearing a robe but his white armor and his face were visible and his voice was so full of conviction that it seriously... He truly...

'He really seems like a crazy bastard.'

Cale truly thought Clopeh seemed like a crazy bastard. No, he was indeed a crazy bastard.

Step step.

Cale got chills and subconsciously stepped back and stood behind Rosalyn. The robed Tasha's head turned from Clopeh to Mary.

"...Mary, do you know this guy?"

"I do."

"Haaaa."

Tasha sighed deeply as if she was feeling despair.

"...How did such a good kid-"

'I know what you must be thinking. But he isn't that kind of person.'

Cale's mouth opened and closed a few times, but he could not say anything as nobody would be able to hear anyway. He could only close his eyes in frustration.

On the other hand, Rosalyn was smiling oddly without stepping into the conversation. She looked toward where she expected Cale to be standing and mumbled to herself.

"He's not wrong."

'What?'

Cale's eyes opened wide as he looked at her in disbelief, but Rosalyn continued to say what was on her mind.

"It looks like the palace is already watching us."

She then turned toward Tasha. Her finger pointed toward Tasha's upper body. To be more specific, she was pointing to an open area of the robe.

"Isn't that a video communication device?"

"Ha!"

Tasha let out a short laugh before slightly lifting her robe.

A video communication device was there, although it seemed to be off.

It was not connected now but Rosalyn was sure that she had felt the flow of mana. This video communication device had been on until moments ago.