041. buckbeaks sentence

Start from the beginning

"harry" ron looked at the boy "you've see the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers is always lurking about. and scabbers is gone."

"well maybe you should learn how to take better care of your pets!" hermione nearly shouted at ron and roslyn just shook her head once more at the two.

"your cat killed him!" ron argued.

"did not!" hermione argued back.

"did."

"didn't."

──

when the three made it to hagrids, he was outside by the lake, skipping rocks across the water. hagrid was upset, still in his hearing clothes and he didn't talk too much for a while. roslyn was sat with harry on a rock and ron and hermione were standing on the opposite side of the rocky small beach by the lake.

hermione asked loudly "how did it go hagrid? the hearing?"

"well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we're were there." he skipped another rock across the lake, it making ripples in the water as it bounced across "then I got up and did my piece. said how buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned hith feathers..."

hagrid sighed "and then, lucius malfoy got up. well, you can imagine, he said buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill ya as soon as it looks at ya"

"do the committee or lucius not know how hippogriff minds work?" roslyn pointed out "surely they have to take the psychology of a hippogriffs mind into account."

"unfortunately they do not." hagrid said sadly and hermione shook her head, asking "and then?"

"and then he asked for the worst, did old lucius." hagrid continued and harry looked at roslyn beside him who looked quite worried for whatever the outcome might be.

ron spoke "they're not sacking you, are they?"

"no, I'm not sacked." hagrids grumbled unhappily which must mean it was worse then they thought. then, hagrid let out a sort of cry, speaking "BUCKBEAKS BEEN SENTENCE TO DEATH!" he cried and just threw a stone in the lake instead of skipping it.

roslyn stood up instantly, harry standing up with her too. she was upset at it of course. it was in the buckbeaks nature to hurt those who insult it, it was nobody but dracos fault. he ignored hagrids orders not to insult him but still did.

"that's bullshit! they can't do that!" roslyn said loudly and harry put a hand on her shoulder, forcing her back to sitting down. he sat down with her, very slightly putting his arm around her so she wouldn't go off on an angry ramble about how horrible the ministry was or how much of cowards the malfoy boys were.

"I know, I said that too but they would listen!" hagrid agreed with the girl, still sobbing. roslyn rubbed her hands on her knees "I wish the malfoy boys would just own up to their stupidity."

harry finally put his arm around her fully, pulling her into a side hug. she felt heat immediately rush to her face and all her anger went out the window for a moment. her heart did little jumps, pacing up as if it was in a race. she swallowed nervously, suddenly her hands becoming more fidgety than before.

she didn't move away. not that she wanted to anyways. the feel of his small hug felt so homely and felt so right that moving would be a crime. she was safe and calm right there where she was.

roslyn then placed her head on his shoulder as his heart picked up, she could feel it. she let herself smile at that knowing that in this moment, he felt exactly the way she did.

──

the four walked back to the castle for dinner, all sort of quiet. they didn't want to talk, they all felt bad for hagrid and felt as if it was unfair that buckbeak was getting a death sentence for something draco malfoy had idiotically done.