IF I LEAVE ~ bet you'll wish I stayed.

It was a normal day as always. School was boring and you already made it halfway through your classes. The school bell rang and announced the school break. For the last two hours you've been working on your new art project in art class. It was the only class that you didn't share with any of your friends.

Art class was your favourite and any time you had the chance to you would get lost in your projects. It let you forget the hard every day school life and the world outside your mind. Your teacher Mrs. Andrews was your favourite too. She was always so sweet and encouraged everyone to embrace their style and follow their hearts when it came to art. That's why you were allowed to listen to your music while working on your new projects.

Music inspired you a lot - especially when you had a hard time dealing with some problems at home or with yourself. Sometimes you just didn't feel like yourself or that you couldn't show your real self around anyone. You didn't know why and you couldn't describe it. At all you were really bad at expressing your feelings.

Before moving to Wellsbury with your mom you were always the outsider or somewhat everyone would call a loner. At first it was hard not having any friends or not being able to live a „normal" teenager life, but sooner or later you made peace with it and enjoyed being alone more and more. But on your first day of school everything changed.

On your first day there was this boy called Hunter who was chosen to show you around school. Right away you got along very well. He was smart, sweet and genuine. To your surprise you two became good friends soon and he invited you to hang out with his group of friends at and outside of school. That's where you met Ginny - his girlfriend - Max, Abby, Norah, Jordan, Brodie and Press. From time to time it was still hard for you to get along with this whole friendship-thing since you weren't used to it and sometimes when it got too much you would just leave the group for a while to be by yourself or just put in your headphones and drew something inside your notebook.

Toxic - that was the word that ran through your mind from time to time when you observed your „friends" - you wouldn't exactly describe some of them as your friends. You were a good observer. Lately you've been noticing some weird tension between some of them.

~

After the school bell rang you cleaned up your desk and packed your stuff. Still deep inside your thoughts and with your headphones in you were about to leave the classroom but your teacher, Mrs. Andrews, stopped you. You pulled out one headphone by the strand.

„Hey, Y/N, do you have a minute?"

„Yeah, sure?!"

„Well...I don't know how to ask you this, but I...erm...I've been noticing some changes in your art lately."

„What do you mean?"

„It is darker than usual. I feel like you've been more quiet lately."

„More quiet? Is that even possible?" you chuckled awkwardly.

„Actually, yes, it is. I just wanted you to know that you can talk to me whenever you want. If there's something that bothers you or if you want to talk about it...you know where to find me, ok?" she furrowed her brows and gave you a worried look.

„Uhm, yeah...okay." Was it that obvious that something wasn't ok with you?

You thanked her and turned around to exit the classroom and made your way towards your group of friends that were already hanging out together at the corridor.

„You've got paint all over your face. Looks ridiculous", a stern voice said. It was Press. Friendly as always. He was hot, but his pea-sized brain didn't work very well. Everyone described him as a sociopath.