8-♤ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

It's strange, Aguni is Niragi's boss, so why would he accept an order from Niragi?

'Get in, we're leaving', I do as told and just when I climb in, the other door opens, and one last person enters.

He puts his hood on and just smirks at me 'evening little nightmare'

I stare at him wide-eyed, taken aback by the nickname. 'Evening Cheshire'

The car starts and we make our way to the game arena. We impatiently arrive in front of an apartment complex, shaped like an L, with seven floors.

We make our way to the entrance and once we pass the lasers that indicate the perimeters of the arena, each four of us takes a phone. We are the first ones here. So we separate and wait.

I sit down and see Chishiya taking a few things out of his pockets. First, the same taser-looking thing he used at the store. He takes it and plugs it in for it to charge.

Never hurts to be prepared I guess.

Then he takes out some earphones and puts in on. Is he really going to listen to music right now!? Where did he even find this?

But I don't have time to elaborate more on my thoughts as two new players walk in. Two young girls, clearly terrified. Soon after two men wearing suits arrive in. Then a middle-aged woman, followed by a man with an ugly hat that looks really enthusiastic to be here.

The registration closes in five minutes so we wait.

In the meantime another boy arrived, he was wearing a blue cap, he looked so lost, it must be his first night. Poor boy doesn't know what awaits him. Just after a girl with a pink tank top walks in, she looks athletic and strong. Spade games must be her things. She takes a phone and the lost boy comes to her with questions but she didn't answer

𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘀

As two other boys come in, and hear one of them says something that catches my attention.

'I wonder if there is a doctor here'. I look at Chishiya from the corner of my eyes, but he doesn't pay much attention to the rest of the people.

Registration as closed

There are a total of fourteen participants

The game will now commence

The lost boy goes to the two last newcomers for answers, and just as the brown-haired one was about to answer him. His friend with bleached blond hair stops him. 'Stop it. Beginners will only get in our way'.

Good thinking, for heart games, but otherwise he should think of being more persistent and considers future allies. The boy might be new he could still be helpful. But I like how he thought about it.

Difficulty: five of Spades

Shit, I tense up a little. Spades, the last time I played spades I ended up with an arrow in my thigh. Not the best memory.

But as I look at the others, most of them seem relieved, probably because it wasn't hearts.

I see the girl with a pink tank top stretch, she's preparing, she will survive.

Aguni is looking at me, spades, the reason why I had to go with him in the first place.

Game: Game of Tag

Rule: Run away from the tagger

Clear conditions: Discover the safe zone hidden in one of the building's rooms within the time limit.