Chapter 61 - Selfish

Start from the beginning

"I'm starting to get bored of the hospital life" I said to myself as I heard my door open. "I guess Sanzu came back." I looked over at the door and to my surprised I saw Mikey there. "Mikey?"

"..." He walked over to the bed and stared at me. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel okay for the most part."

Mikey looked at my hands and carefully picked up one of them. "Do you still feel pain in your fingers?"

"Every now and then." I didn't tell him that Sanzu squeezed the shit out of them earlier. "I can move them a lot more now."

"That's good." He put my hand back in my lap and lifted the blanket that was covering my legs. "What about your thigh?"

"It's okay."

I watched him place his hand on my thigh. I automatically thought back to Ran squeezing my thigh and thought Mikey would do the same. "Are the nurses checking in on you?" He rubbed my thigh up and down over the spot where the bullet wound was. "If not, you can tell me."

"Meaning he'll kill them if they're not doing their job" I thought as I felt him stop rubbing my thigh. "Yeah, they're checking on me."

"Good." He put the blanket back how it was and walked over to the dresser. He spotted the dorayaki he had Akashi give to me. "You didn't eat the dorayaki?" He grabbed the small snack and looked at it. "You didn't like it?"

"I just wasn't hungry" I lied. I didn't have the balls to them him I didn't appreciate how he couldn't tell me he was sorry in person but on the back of a Japanese snack. And the fact I thought it was poisoned.

"Really?" He opened the plastic the dorayaki was in, took it out, and held it towards my mouth. "Open."

"But I just..."

"Open."

I opened my mouth and took a bite from the dorayaki. I could see Mikey was making sure I chewed and swallowed the piece I bit off. "It's not that bad" I thought and saw him take a bite from it.

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah, it's pretty good."

Mikey held the dorayaki towards my mouth again and I took another bite. This continued until the dorayaki was gone.

"You want to take a walk with me?" Mikey asked while he threw away the plastic the dorayaki was in.

"Sure" I replied and got out of the bed.

 It's not like I have anything better to do besides sleep. Also I was scared to tell him no.

"Here." Mikey held his hand out to me and I grabbed it.

"So I guess we'll just be walking around the hospital?" I asked after the two of us left the room.

"Yeah."

The two of us started walking around the hospital. It was a quiet walk, well that's mostly because I never know what to say when I'm alone with Mikey. I have no problem talking with the other Bonten members. But when it comes to Mikey, it's a different story. He just has a different vibe to him than the others and that makes it hard to approach him. And not going to lie, that feeling I felt for him on that day I got kidnapped was slowly starting to come back.

"I didn't think you would want me to see you" Mikey started as I followed him up a flight of stairs. "I'm sure you're mad at me for what happened to you."

"It's not your fault." I watched Mikey open the door we now stood in front of. Once it was opened, I realized he had brought me to the roof of the hospital. "He must really like roofs" I thought as Mikey lead me over to a spot. He let my hand go and sat down, waiting for me to join him. I made an attempt to sit next to him, but like the other times I've been with him, he made me sit either on his lap or between his crossed legs.