riddle x mad hatter!fem!reader

Start from the beginning

"That's not a pet, it's part of the rules to have it here," says an exasperated Riddle. "And while you're putting that thing away, could you get off of me while you're at it? I'd really like my legs back."

"But you're the one still holding onto me," you point out with a cheeky grin. Eyes wide, Riddle suddenly realizes that his hands are still around your waist and lets go, giving you a little shove, too.

"That was unintentional! Now off! Off!" he says, herding you out of his lap.

"You're no fun," you say with a pout. "Che'nya would've let me stay!"

"Che'nya would let anyone sit in his lap. You're no exception," says Riddle, arms crossed.

"Che'nya wouldn't be blushing as hard as you are right now," says Che'nya's head, which has materialized near Riddle's chair and grins as the redhead nearly jumps out of his chair, arms flailing as his knees hit the bottom of the table.

"You—! You're heathens, the both of you!" he hollers, arms crossing firmly over his chest. You and Che'nya both cackle from where you stand, obviously getting much more enjoyment out of this than Riddle is.

"But you love us," you say, once again getting in Riddle's personal space. He's about to tell you that the only things he loves are peace and quiet, but you're pulling your hat off of your head and sliding it on his, tucking a stray piece of hair behind his ear and all of the sudden Riddle's voice stops working.

Che'nya guffaws at Riddle's silence, knowing exactly  what's going through the boy's head at the moment. You're looking at Riddle expectantly, pupils blown wide with affection while Riddle tries to scoop together his scrambled thoughts.

"You're awfully touchy today," he tells you after a long while of sputtering. You shrug.

"I'm awfully touchy everyday," you tell him, face growing hot. "You haven't noticed?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't," says Che'nya, back for another round of teasing. "I don't think he's realized that he's the only one you put your paws on." The both of you giggle over your little crush, much to the embarrassment of Riddle.

"The fact that you're not even subtle about it astounds me," he says in disbelief, crossing his arms again. "Have you ever heard of being delicate about matters like these?"

"And why should I be?" you ask, planting your hands on your hips. "There's nothing to be ashamed of. You knowing doesn't change anything. Ooh, he's got the upper hand now that he knows," you tell Che'nya, the two of you leaning to whisper together as if you're betting on horses and not on your feelings.

"You've gone completely mad," says Riddle in disbelief, head still reeling.

"And what about it?" you say, before dissolving into a fit of giggles at something that Che'nya whispered to you behind his hand.