03, breaking the rules

Start bij het begin

"Wish I could say the same." Rafe looked off into the distance, thinking for a moment. "My dad is gonna flip his shit when he sees that I'm home. He sounded so pissed off over the phone." He scoffed, as if angering his father gave him some kind of enjoyment.

"The ol' Ward not so happy that you dropped out, huh?" Alex asked.

"He's pissed." Rafe repeated, laughing again. Alex watched him curiously, letting her eyes wander over his features, which she was starting to notice had grown more mature since she had last seen him. He had left Outerbanks for college before Alex's family made their move, meaning that she hadn't seen him even longer than Sarah.

He caught her staring, holding the eye contact with equal intensity. "I should go inside."

"Yeah, of course. I don't want to hold you up from getting your ass kicked." Alex's snarky comment earned another scoff from Rafe.

The taller boy started to walk away, stepping backwards so he could keep his eyes on Alex. "I'll see you around, yeah?"

Her chocolate waves bounced as she nodded. "Yeah, definitely."

Rafe stared at her for another second or two before he finally turned away, slipping inside one of the open garages, out of sight. Alex remained in the same place however, chuckling at herself and how her stomach was dancing with butterflies from the interaction.

After savouring the unexpected feeling for a moment, Alex stepped up onto the front porch, headed for the front door and then up to Sarah's bedroom, finding it difficult to shake the tingling in her chest and Rafe from her memory.

"I WISH THAT I could be a fly on the wall right now

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I WISH THAT I could be a fly on the wall right now." Sarah groaned, rolling onto her back on her bed. "Getting to watch Rafe get ripped apart would give me so much satisfaction."

Alex looked over her shoulder at the blonde, pausing the dark eyeshadow look that she was attempting in front of the vanity mirror. "Sarah, don't be rude."

"Rafe deserves it." Sarah scoffed.

"I heard my name."

The girls snapped their heads to look at Rafe, who was currently standing in the door, watching both of them. His face was solemn, and he was clearly in a bad mood.

"Yeah, we were shit-talking you." Sarah replied quickly, a smile dancing on her lips when she earned a scowl of disapproval from her older brother.

"Shut up." He snapped. Looking up at the ceiling with a frustrated breath, he pondered on his next words for a moment. "Hey, uh, Alex? You going to Piers' party tomorrow night?"

"We're both going." Sarah answered, narrowing her eyes at him.

"I didn't ask you." Rafe only grew more annoyed with her. His blue eyes darted back to Alex, catching her dark ones with his gaze. "I'll see you there, yeah?"