2

You started the day off by washing your face by the beautiful shore.

"You're up early." An unrecognized voice raved. Confused, you turn around only to see that it's the lapis boy. "Oh hey, what are you doing here?" you replied hiding the butterflies in your stomach.

'Neteyam...what a dreamy boy. To have an angel like him to call my own...' 

"Well, it was pretty annoying having to listen to your siblings snore all night" he lightly chuckled. "—and it's nice to start the day off by the ocean. Good morning!" his eyes remained dazzling as his lips formed into a small smile. "ah, by the way, I never got your name.."

"it's y/n, good morning." you replied with a smile. you have in fact already knew about him, but just to be safe, why not ask a question? "you're the eldest brother of the family, Neteyam, right?"

"yeah, that's me." he replied as he sat down next to you, softly splashing water onto his face. "you know,
y/n, I was actually a bit nervous to talk to you, I expected you to be meaner, since your brother was kind of an arrogating douchebag."

"I can be mean if you'd like." you laughed as he gave you a playful punch on your shoulder. "But, jokes aside, Ao'nung is actually a pretty nice person when you actually get to know him. He just doesn't like showing affection much."

"I don't even want to imagine him being motivating during lessons." he said with a slight look of horror on his face (⊙_⊙). you both joked around in the mean time while waiting for everyone else to wake up and start today's lesson.

The way his voice sounds, the words he speaks or the way he says my name... I can just never decide what pulls me in more.

———————————————————————-

As weeks became months, you had come to realisation that you may have become friends with Neteyam. He would wait after each lesson ended just to swim near you, he felt comfortable asking for your help on certain things he was struggling with, thus a beautiful friendship blossomed between the two of you.

"—and each part of those coral were so beautifully formed, but none on them were quite like any other. Everything is so full of color underwater—" You found it cute how he was babbling on and on about how fascinating the ocean was.

Every now and then, I close my eyes and thank Eywa for blessing my life with someone as exquisite as you.

By the time you were done with doing the day's small tasks and helping other people, It was already dark. You had decided to take a small relaxing stroll around the village before heading back home when you suddenly heard the sound of footsteps approaching you.

"hey y/n, where are you off to?" you smiled to yourself as you realised It was only Neteyam. "I was just about to walk around the village before heading back home." You paused for a second, asking yourself if you should invite him to tag along on your stroll.

I like to be alone
But I would rather be alone with you.

"Do you want to join me?" you weren't really expecting him to join you seeing as he was a busy man with many responsibilities. "I'd love to! We haven't had the chance to talk to each other in a while because you're always so busy" he slightly frowned as he finished the last sentence. "that's not fair, you're always occupied too so I've never had the balls to disturb you." you laughed as you playfully punched him.

He gently placed a small flower in your hair as you both walked around the village. 'where did he even get that from?'  you tried to hide your expression as you felt the heat spread throughout your face and into the roots of your hair.