"Yay!" Ava chirped, jumping up from the couch and holding a hand out for the younger boy. "Come on, Theo!"

"This is gonna be so much fun!" Maya beamed as they ran upstairs.

"Play nice!" Bailey called after them.

"I'm nice!" Ava called back, innocence in her voice.

"Are not!" Maya scoffed.

"Are too!"

"You're the worst!"

"No, you are!"

Theo whined and looked up at the two older girls, tears threatening to pour out of his blue eyes. "No fight," he pouted.

"Sorry, Theo," the twins apologized, kneeling down so that they were closer to his height.

"So, what do you want to dress up as today?" Maya asked. "Do you want to be the prince or the princess?"

"Can I be the princess?" Theo asked shyly.

"Of course," Ava smiled, taking the boy's smaller hand in hers. "I have a pink skirt that has your name written all over it."

****

That afternoon, everyone was gathered in the backyard for the get together Bailey and Tina had organized for the Tony Awards later that night. Well...almost everyone. Adalynn had disappeared about an hour into it, and no one had noticed since they were busy trying to keep track of all the kids running around.

But Quinn knew, so after breaking up an argument between the twins, she went to find her. She went back into the house and opened up the door to the front porch, smiling sadly when she saw her wife staring up at the night sky, her eyes on the brightest star.

"She's proud of you, you know," Quinn said softly as she sat down next to Adalynn, who was clutching her locket.

"I know she is," the brunette mumbled sadly. "I just...I really wish she was here."

"I know, sweet girl," Quinn sighed as she put an arm around Adalynn's shoulders. "Do you need to talk about it? It'll only hurt more if you keep it bottled up."

"She's missed so much," Adalynn said, her voice breaking. "She missed seeing me and Kurt grow up. I wasn't able to call her when I booked Dynasty. I couldn't share that excitement with her like I wanted to. She missed us getting married...the birth of Theo...It...It's not fair that I have to live life knowing that she's not gonna be here to witness all these amazing things happening. And then for a moment...I forget. I forget, and pretend she's still here. And then reality sets back in, and I remember. And then I feel guilty for enjoying life without her."

"You don't have to feel guilty, Addie," Quinn said, gently wiping a tear off of the brunette's cheek. "It's normal to feel this way. Healthy, even. She wouldn't want you to live your life mourning all the time. She'd want you to enjoy it. And, even though she's not here in person...she hasn't missed anything. She's with you in spirit everywhere you go. And she's proud of you."

Adalynn took a shaky breath and looked up at the starry night sky. "I know," she sniffled.

"I don't want to see any more tears from you, Adalynn Emilia," Quinn said matter-of-factly as she sat up straighter.

"Not even happy tears?"

"What kind of happy tears?"

"Happy tears knowing that we finally got a happy ending," Adalynn shrugged. "14 year old me would never believe that we lived happily ever after. I wish I could go back in time and tell her that we do."