Tina in the Sky with Diamonds

Começar do início

Adalynn bit her tongue as she held back a laugh and exchanged a look with Bailey and Tina. The blonde whispered something to them, and they both put a hand over their mouth to contain their laughter.

"And now, the moment you've all been waiting for because your lives are devoid of meaning that something like this seems very important," Sue continued as she opened up an envelope. She frowned and furrowed her brows before shrugging it off. This was McKinley, after all, which meant prom anarchy wasn't unusual. "Your prom queen and queen are..."

Adalynn's eyes widened as she looked out into the crowd. Did one of the Glee kids rig the vote again? She scanned the audience and carefully looked over everyone's faces, but they all looked innocent.

"Bailey Pierce and Tina Cohen-Chang."

As the gymnasium erupted in cheers, the couple gasped and hugged one another tightly before going to accept their crowns. When she noticed the smile on Kitty's lips, Adalynn knew exactly what was going on.

"You sneaky little rascal," the brunette scoffed with a small laugh. "You stuffed the ballot box."

"The least I could do after everything I did this year," Kitty shrugged.

"You know, maybe you're not as bad as I thought, blondie bitch," Adalynn said as the younger girl smiled.

Kitty's smile faded, however, when she spotted Dottie backstage. She nudged Adalynn and nodded to where the freshman was standing, her hands gripping a rope. Adalynn frowned as her eyes followed the rope up to a beam. A bucket sat on top, and a dollop of red slush dripped down.

Kitty's eyes widened in horror when she spotted Bree in the audience with a smug look on her face. She exchanged a look with Adalynn, who looked to her friends, who had no idea what was happening.

Not on my watch, Satan.

"Bailey, Tina, look out!" Adalynn shouted as she rushed to the middle of the stage and pushed them out of the way as Dottie pulled the rope. Cold red slushie poured down on her, and she gasped as her entire body chilled to the bone.

There were horrified looks from everyone in the room, and Kitty placed her hands over her mouth as Bailey and Tina exchanged a look.

"How humiliating," Bree chuckled cruelly. "If I were her, I'd kill myself after this public humiliation."

"Don't say that, you bitch," Kitty spat as she jumped down from the stage. "She's already suicidal."

"Aw, what are you gonna do about it?" Bree pouted sarcastically.

"This," Kitty said, slapping the taller cheerleader hard across the face as Bailey and Tina ushered Adalynn off the stage, the rest of the Glee kids following close behind.

****

"That was really brave of you," Bailey said, smiling softly as she used a damp towel to gently clean the slushie off of Adalynn's face.

"Yeah, well, it wouldn't be the first time I've taken a slushie for someone," Adalynn chuckled sadly. "I'm so sorry Bree and Dottie tried to ruin your moment like that."

"We're sorry you're the one who got humiliated," Tina said as wiped her best friend's arm with a towel.

"Adalynn, are you alright?" Blaine asked as he rushed into the choir room with the rest of the New Directions.

"I can't feel my legs, feet, arms, boobs, anything," the brunette mumbled as she ran a hand through her slush-filled hair. "Can someone call my dad? I want to go home."

"Adalynn, this is your last prom," Marley frowned. "You can't leave."

"What's the point in staying? My dress is ruined and I have slushie dripping into my underwear."

"You can have my dress," Bailey offered.

"Or mine," Tina smiled softly.

"Or mine," Jori shrugged.

"Or mine," Kitty chimed in.

"Or mine," Marley smiled.

"Or mine," Unique grinned. "Although, it would be a crime to break this look," she added with a wink, smiling when Adalynn laughed a little.

"Don't let this ruin the rest of your night," Artie said as he wheeled up to her. "What you did was so unbelievably courageous, especially considering how awful and humiliating it was."

"This is one of the last nights that we're all going to be together," Bailey said, tears filling her eyes. "I want to spend it with you."

"We want to spend it with you," Tina smiled softly.

"You deserve to have one last night of fun with your friends after everything you've been through," said Blaine.

"We're all here for you, Adalynn," Sam spoke up with a small smile.

"Besides, as queen, I hereby decree that you are required to let us get you cleaned up and go back into that gym with your head held high like the badass you are," Tina said as Adalynn smiled.

"Okay, dorks," Adalynn rolled her eyes with a small laugh. "You guys win. I'll stay."

****

After prom, which still ended up being a total blast after the slushie incident, Adalynn went back home and took a much needed shower to wash any remaining slush off of her and out of her hair. When she got out, she changed into some fluffy black pajama pants and one of the sweatshirt's she had stolen from Quinn before she left for college – a gray crewneck with 'Ohio' printed on it in big, bold letters.

She curled up on her bed with Oreo, who was happy to see her after being alone all night. He wiggled his butt and covered her with kisses.

"Missed you too, buddy," she giggled as she kissed the top of his head. Her phone rang, and she rolled her eyes when she saw it was Rachel. "What do you want, Barbra?" she asked as she answered.

"That's really funny that you said that," Rachel chuckled. "I have some big news."

"Big nudes?" Adalynn scrunched her nose. "Gross. Send those to Finn. I don't want 'em."

"No, news, silly."

"Oh, news," Adalynn gasped in realization. "Okay. What could be so important that you're calling me this late?"

"I got Fanny."

"Oh my god!" the younger girl exclaimed. "Are you serious? That's amazing!"

"I wanted you to be the first to know, besides Kurt and Santana, obviously," said Rachel.

"Wow, Rachel, I'm so happy for you," Adalynn smiled. "That's incredible. Make sure you save me a seat in the front row on opening night."

"I will. Oh, how was prom?"

"Bleh," Adalynn groaned and pulled Oreo onto her lap. "It was interesting. I'll text you all the details in the morning."

"Okay, sounds good," said Rachel. "It's late. You should get some sleep."

"Tell Santana to make fun of Kurt for me since I'm not there to do it myself," Adalynn joked.

"I will," Rachel chuckled.

"I heard that!" Kurt shouted.

"Love you Kurtie!"

"Love you too, little me," Kurt said into the phone as Rachel held it out to him. "Make sure Julian doesn't burn the house down."

"I won't," Adalynn chuckled. "I miss you guys."

"We miss you too," said Rachel. "Talk soon, okay?"

"Yeah," Adalynn nodded. "And congrats on getting Fanny."

"Thank you," Rachel smiled. "Sweet dreams."

"You too," Adalynn said, smiling softly to herself as she hung up. "Aw, Rachel's dream came true, Oreo," she said as she kissed the top of the frenchie's head.

Woof.