****

"Here are the latest prom poll numbers," Dottie Kazatori said as she showed Tina her iPad screen, "and your 3 o'clock coffee."

"I said no caffeine until prom," Tina said, annoyed. "I can't afford to look tired like some sad, anemic dishrag. Give it to Adalynn," she said, as she shoved the coffee cup back into Dottie's hands.

"Okay, Tina, I get you're a little stressed, but don't take it out on Dottie," Bailey said gently.

"What is with these numbers?" Tina scoffed.

"Oh, boy," the blonde sighed, rubbing her temple.

"There's been a sudden spike in Kitty's popularity," Dottie said as Adalynn walked up beside her. "Oh, here Adalynn," the freshman said, handing the older girl the coffee.

"Thanks," Adalynn said as she took a sip of the bitter-sweet drink. "Mhm, hazelnut."

"Kitty?" Tina's jaw clenched as she stormed up to the sophomore.

"Oh no," Bailey groaned as she walked after her. "Tina, be nice!"

"This is unbelievable!" Tina spat.

"Tina, I didn't put these up," Kitty said as she motioned to the posters. "That's not even me. That's my head photoshopped onto Olivia Munn."

"Oh, please," Tina scoffed. "I should've known that when you weirdly said you'd support me it was just some classic backstabby, gas-lighty Kitty mind game."

"Hey, uh, what's with these posters?" Ryder frowned as he walked up to them. "I thought you were supporting Tina and Bailey?"

"And why is your head photoshopped onto Olivia Munn's body from February 2011?" Jori asked.

"Tina, don't worry about it," Adalynn whispered to her friend as she pushed her away from Kitty.

Bailey mouthed a 'sorry' to the younger blonde before following Tina and Adalynn down the hall. Kitty groaned in frustration and ripped the posters down as she angrily stormed off in the opposite direction.

****

Senior prom had been a blast so far. As the underclassmen performed a Beatles song on the small stage that was set up, Adalynn danced with Jori, who asked her to go to prom with her as a friend. She figured it was better than missing her last school dance, so she agreed.

Unlike last year, Bailey wasn't spending the night at a table by herself as she worried about the twins and over-thought her feelings for Tina. Instead, she knew in her heart that her kids would be just fine with Julian for the evening, especially considering that he had matured a lot since when they first met her freshman year. Instead of sulking and drowning her thoughts in spiked punch, she spent the night dancing with Tina, and she couldn't have asked for a better way to spend her last prom.

As the next song came on, Adalynn spotted the wannabe-Santana, Bree, talking to Dottie. She furrowed her brows. She could tell by the look on the smaller girl's face that the Cheerio was up to something, and if Adalynn learned anything from her first year at William McKinley High School, it was that Cheerios were coldhearted, backstabbing little bitches.

Before she could go confront her about it, though, all the nominees for prom king and queen were called up to the stage.

"Adalynn, are you okay?" Tina asked.

"Yeah..." Adalynn mumbled, eyeing Bree suspiciously from her spot onstage.

"Congratulations, New Directions, on accomplishing the impossible. You've made me hate the Beatles," Sue said as she got everyone's attention. "Your nominations for prom king are Stoner Brett, Blaine Anderson, Artie Abrams, and that radical cleric kid. And now, your nominees for prom queen. Taylor Swift look-alike, Asian number one, Kitty I-forget-your-last-name, and the depressed lesbian."

𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabrayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें