prologue

"there they go again, i don't know if i should even be surprised anymore."

students chatter and buzz around you and a certain person standing infront of you. as if they think both you and the person couldn't bother to even mind your surroundings, their whispers have turned to loud mumbles.

"you do know that this does not fall under your work and guidance, ms. auditor." you can sense the emphasis and the intended implications and this exchange exhausts you.

you still have a lot to do, and it just so happens the world loves to overwork you until you're under six feet below.

"seeing that this does fall on the department i am in, i can argue with you that it does fall under my work and i suggest that you sign it immediately then we can both part ways and be done with all of this." you released a grunt. you massaged the left side of your forehead as your other hand tirelessly holds some documents and a pen.

i can handle myself, you don't have to worry about me.

"what's going on? why is everyone crowding here?"

"alhaitham is at it again with her. honestly i feel bad but at the same time amused."

"this has been going on since the start of the new batch of student government officers. i don't see how people need to crowd two officers. move, people. im trying to get to class."

"and as the vice-president, i won't. i see no reason for you to take on tasks that holds no concrete reasoning for you to partake. simply let the department representative spearhead this project and go." alhaitham looks at you sternly, refusing to grab the pen and paper and be done with it.

you do not have to do their bidding. rest, you've been out and about.

alhaitham continues, "you have enough work on your hands and i doubt you are the person to work until you drop dead. the department representative can easily do this task efficiently. too much work from your department will have you lack behind on your duties as part of the student government."

"let the representative meet up with me and the secretary tomorrow to discuss the project in detail. leave that at my desk and go back to your class, ms. auditor." he spoke with finality, and crossed his arms. alhaitham wants to take those documents out of your hand, but wills himself not to.

you can leave that to me. i care about you.

"you do know that our organization already boosts your extracurriculars, i didn't know you were the type to be greedy."

"helping out as a student under that department is what you call it, not fishing for more points. i'll ignore that comment for your own good, mr. vice-president. god, you're insufferable." you mumbled the last words in annoyance and exhaustion, yet the grey haired man hears it regardless.

"and you're still as stubborn as ever, ms. auditor."

"i don't know who to side, honestly they look good together though."

"i thought i was the only one with the idea. despite how you can see her ready to rip his head off his body, they seem to be really really close."

"'cause they've been enemies since the start? these two are ready to pounce at each other if given the opportunity."

"they do have the chemistry though."

". . . they just insulted each other for like 5 minutes now. are you okay?"

everyone believes that both you and alhaitham have sworn to be each other's headaches. the crowd doesn't even bother to whisper anymore. as if they all want both of you to hear what they're saying.

"ugh, fine." you conceded. it's not like i want to do it.

"then we have reached an understanding, now go back to class once you've dropped that on my desk." i know.

"going somewhere? i didn't know the vice-president has the time to leisurely walk around campus as his fellow peers works their souls off that the grim reaper could harvest any time soon."

"i would love to do so to spite it on you but alas i'll be out of campus for official work. and for the record, i doubt the grim reaper would need to guide your soul seeing that you just seem to know where to find work and more work." i'll be back.

"you know what? i hope you trip over something and die." stay safe.

"a probability, but not probable. i'm not clumsy like you." i will.

sensing that the arguement is over, the students have immediately walked away as if the whole ordeal that just happened – never even happened in the first place. the last thing they all need are slips of warnings from two student government officers.

"convinced now? i honestly can't believe how she's still able to remain calm and like, you know. still be polite and all."

"i swear this is how every enemies to lovers trope starts, i'm telling you."

"i think you should cut off the caffeine for a while. i'm getting worried for you."

"there is no doubt those two can stand each other in a room for a minute, what more being together?"

"agree, there is just no way."