❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ❀

Magsimula sa umpisa

" You don't even know how to use that thing!" Neteyam tried to convince him, ignoring Koänä's words. He wanted to get out of there and away from Koänä's death stare.

" Dad and Koänä taught me."

Koänä gripped his ear in anger. The boy yelped in pain. She turned his body to him and Lo'ak felt he was going to die on the spot. The rage in Koänä's eyes scared him.

" You skxqwngs! You are not supposed to be on the ground. You. are. watchers. Get that through your thick skulls!" She yelled at both of them.

While she was yelling at them, none of them had time to notice a missile heading towards them. She heard her father yell. She let go of Lo'ak's ear and pulled both of them into her side. She shielded them with her body before it had hit, sending them all flying in different directions.

After a couple minutes of lying in pain she heard her father yelling for her. Her mind felt fuzzy, the yells of her father seemed distant and faded out. Koänä opened her eyes, they faded in and out of focus.

" KOÄNÄ?!" Jake screamed as he ran through the rumble trying to find her. Millions of thoughts went through his head once he saw yet another trail of blood, much like he had seen with Neteyam. His heart stopped beating for a moment.

Please no, great mother. Not my little girl. Not Koänä.

" Father!" Koänä gained all the strength she could to scream for her dad. Jake heard it and ran towards the noise. He had sent Neteyam and Lo'ak back to base already and told them to wait there.

Jake spotted her. There was blood. He ran to her and picked her head up gently. She gave him a lopsided grin before pointing to her side. Her left side had a large cut on it with blood seeping out. The father and daughter looked at each other.

" I will get Bob. Stay here." Jake instructed but she shook her head. He gave her a warning look but she waved him off.

" I got it. I will meet you at home, father." She assured him. Jake looked hesitant but he saw the determination on her face and listened to her call for O'tekare. Jake sighed but ran off.

The ikran flew down, eyes widening at the site of its hurt rider. She smiled at her and slowly got up. Koänä placed her head against O'tekare's. The ikran let out a noise and Koänä laughed.

" I am okay, my girl. Let's go home." Koänä had made the bond and instructed O'tekare to fly home.

______________________

Koänä flew back into base. She got off her ikran and grabbed some fruit, feeding her. Her family was all standing near. Looking at her with relief.

" Oh thank you, great mother." Neytiri breathed out, finally seeing her oldest back home. Neytiri rushed up to her, crushing her in a hug.

Koänä chuckled and hugged her back tightly. Neytiri kissed the top of her head, letting her lips linger for a moment. When she had found Jake returned without her, fear shot through her heart.

" I am okay, mother." Koänä and Neytiri stepped back from the embrace. The mother immediately looked at her daughter's side with worry in her eyes. " Do not worry. It is nothing grandmother can not fix."