❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ❀

Start from the beginning

Not much longer later Neytiri spoke up,
" You are done, my sweet girl."

Koänä opened her eyes as she looked at her mother. Neytiri felt her heart swell with pride. She saw so much of herself and her mate in their first born. Whenever Neytiri looked into her daughter's eyes she saw Jake.

" How do I look?" Koänä asked, a grin on her newly painted face.

From her lips to her chin there were three stripes of black paint. On the left side of her head and over her eye to the left side of her jaw there was a bold black stripe of paint with a slight crescent in it. The same print was repeated on the right side of her face. Her hair was let down like usual but Neytiri had taken her front bangs and pinned them back, creating a braid sealed with beads.

" You look like a warrior, sister." Kiri spoke up. Koänä looked over at her with a wide smile.

Jake looked at his mate and softly smiled. He saw her continue to stare at their daughter with a certain look of sadness in her eye. Jake knew it was because Neytiri did not like how fast Koänä was growing up. It was not the first battle Koänä had been in but for some odd reason this one time she had nerves running through her body.

" Koä will you paint my face?" Lo'ak mumbled to her. She looked at her little brother with a softness all of her siblings never failed to receive from her. Neytiri moved out of the way.

" Of course. Come sit." Koänä sat in the spot her mother was just in and Lo'ak replaced her in her spot.

With no words said after that, Koänä began to paint her younger brother's face with delicacy in her movements. She tilted her head and dipped her fingers in the yellow paint to repeat the lines she had just done in black.

" I'm jealous you get to fight." Koänä did not take her focus off of the painting. Lo'ak began to think she ignored his comment.

" Your role is just as important as mine, Loana." She assured him before laughing as he groaned loudly.

" I hate that nickname!"

" I know. That is why I use it."

______________________

Koänä and her ikran, O'tekare, flew through the sky. She spotted an aircraft rounding the mountain and instructed O'tekare to go head to head with it. The ikran flew up and straight towards the ship. Koänä got her bow ready as her banshee dodged all the bullets that were flying at them.

Lo'ak and Neteyam watched their sister be recklessly fierce as she stood up and positioned herself. At the last minute, she shot her arrow straight into the glass. Satisfied as she heard the glass shatter and the arrow implant itself in the pilot.

" Up, up!" She yelled at O'tekare. The dark green ikran dove straight up as the ship went in spirals before crashing on the ground. " Very good, my girl. That is four aircrafts we have taken down today."

O'tekare screeched in joy at the praise. Koänä chuckled as she flew towards her father. She disconnected the bond and jumped off mid air before her ikran flew off. Jake brought his warrior into a side hug. Both of them were smiling. Koänä's smile dropped as soon as it came on her face and she started running.

" You idiots! What are you doing on the ground?!" She yelled at her idiotic little brothers. They both stared at her with fear dancing their features. Koänä was the one person they did not want to deal with while she was angry. She developed the rage of both her mother and father into one.