After The Fall

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I know. I'm sorry. I didn't want to be found," she tells him honestly.

"Where are you?"

"I'm in Arizona with my family. I...um..." Stevie paused, unsure how to approach the subject with him.

"You what?"

"I was...wondering if maybe you could come out here for the weekend. I need to talk to you about some things and I'd like to do it in person."

"Is your father going to kill me?"

She laughs a little, "no, I don't think so."

"What about Chris?"

"He might try, but you can take him," she says with confidence.

She can hear Lindsey shuffling around on the other end of the phone before he speaks again, "I can be there tonight, if you want."

"That...would be just fine," she figured the sooner she got this out of the way, the better.

"Okay then. I can do that. I'll see you tonight."

"Hey, will Kristen be okay without you for a couple of days?" Stevie asked, unsure why she cared in the first place. Perhaps because the woman had been so kind to her when she called.

"Yeah, her mom doesn't live too far away. She'll be alright. I'm going to talk to her and then I'll book my flight. I'll take a cab from the airport."

"Sounds good. I'll see you soon." She said, waiting just a moment before she hung up the phone.

Stevie headed downstairs to let her parents know that Lindsey was coming.

"I guess I should bring my shotgun downstairs," Jess says.

Stevie and Barbara both rolled their eyes, "Please don't scare him, daddy. I just want to tell him and get him out of here."

Barbara glances at her husband before looking back at their daughter, "honey....do you have a plan?"

Stevie looks at both of them as she sits down in the chair next to the couch, "what do you mean?"

"Well, are you planning to go back to California? Do you want Lindsey to be part of this baby's life?" Her father asks.

"I honestly don't know if I want to go back there, but if Lindsey wants to be part of the baby's life, then I'll allow it. It has to be on my terms though." She explains.

Barbara speaks up, "what if....he wants to get back together?"