Short Story

My name is Meirim. The wife of a noble. Just now, at this very moment, I remembered the my memories of my previous life. Or, so I say, but I actually have no idea what sort of life I led. All I can remember is that I spent an obsessive amount of my time in the other world playing this game.

   And now I'm inside that otome game. Why? I have no idea. I'm not the heroine, but the wife of one of the love interests.

   This game, "The Saintly Woman is Lavishly Loved", has a few fantasy elements in it, but it was intended for a mature audience, so it's targeted at women in their twenties and beyond.

   The time period resembles Middle Ages Europe, but in a world with magic. A sudden drought fell all over the world, the hearts of the people despaired, and crime became widespread. During this calamity, there was a diviner who sent the people a ray of hope.

   "Summon a Saint from another world. If you do that, the path will open," he said.

   Taking those words to heart, the greatest King in the world invited the most famous wizard and priest to his kingdom, and bid them summon that person from another world. The one who showed up was a Japanese female college student.

*・*・*・*・*・*・*

   Why wasn't she a high school student? As if I'd know! That's not the problem, it's the love interests!

   In total, there are six love interests.
   The Prince of the kingdom which summons her, and its Prime Minister. The Knight Commander in charge of the guards, and his ranking officer, the General. The Wizard, who had been in charge of the summoning, and the Priest, who is in charge of the Church. There was also the Diviner as a hidden character, but he's unimportant, because—

   The Knight Commander is my husband!!!

   THE PROBLEM IS THIS! There is a big obstacle you shouldn't climb over, even when it comes to love interests. He already has a wife like me, his beloved work with the law, and there's an age difference between them, too! If she does climb over it and obtains true love, she can save the world. From that point on, the "sweet" development that happens takes a bit of an adult turn, which is how the game got it's Rated M label. Personally, I think it should've gotten an even higher rating.
   By the way, the General is my father. In ・ other ・ words! I am the "obstacle" for the Knight Commander and General's routes!

   Nooo! I hate this! I don't want to break up with Gaira-sama (my husband)! I won't let it happen! Because, because, I love him with all my heart!
   I mean, yeah, according to the game, our marriage is one of convenience. He had no choice but to marry me in order to become the next general. But! I love Gaira-sama, and he must feel something for me, too.
   ...I'm not very confident about that.
   What should I do? Gaira-sama and my father are always gone because they seem so busy. Just like the one in the game, this world seems to be heading straight towards the summoning of the Saint. It's just a matter of time before she arrives. Supposing she chooses Gaira-sama...and he responds to her feelings...I wouldn't be able to bear it. It's too late to cry now.

   If it's going to be like that...

   Even if I'm only starting now, I need to deepen my love with my husband!

   Yeah! That's what I'll do! Watch out, Gaira-sama! Before long I'll drown you in love!!!

***********

   Early morning.
   The moment Gaira-sama gets out of bed, I follow suit. While it may be true that I'm a noble, I don't sleep in late. I mean, even if it's only one tenth of a second, I want to be with the one I love!