He set out, and soon had a pair of hares firmly grasped in his hands. He approached and, surprisingly, hoped he would be able to detect something with his witcher senses that would point to the two of them having sorted it out. But when he arrived, they were silent as ever. Dandelion still focusing only on his lute, yet still casting glances her way, and Y/n only focused on her bow and arrow, somehow managing to look just as Dandelion dropped his gaze. "Fuck," Geralt swore, and the two of them furrowed their brows at his exclamation, not receiving a response as he began to skin the hares in his hands.

The road to Aedirn was long, but the lovebirds had somehow managed to make it longer. Dandelion was still writing songs for Y/n, while she was so obviously fantasizing about the troubadour from atop her own palomino, Buttercup. Geralt was just about ready to abandon the two of them and find his own way to Aedirn without the suffocating pining that encircled them. When she invited Dandelion to ride behind her so he wouldn't need to walk any longer, Geralt thought that finally, finally this would be the moment his mind would be put at ease. A close ride ought to do it, Geralt thought to himself.

It did not, in fact, do the trick as Geralt had hoped. Their ride was spent sitting just close enough so that Dandelion wouldn't fall, yet not so close so they just barely brushed up against each other, touching only when necessary. Geralt thought Dandelion, the infamous seducer of wives and daughters, would have jumped at the chance to wrap his arms around Y/n's torso. But of course for this one woman, he had too much fear and respect to go as far as that.

Roach, ever impatient, decided to take it upon herself to get the two of them to finally rid themselves of their tension. While Geralt had left to stake out a good camping sight for them all, Roach reared back on her hind legs, before rushing forward and pushing Y/n into Dandelion. She made sure not to hit her too hard, she liked her too much for that, but just enough so that she would stumble into the arms of the awaiting bard. Dandelion nearly fell over too, but managed to catch both himself and her, much to Roach's joy, but a few awkward laughs and shared words later and they were suddenly on opposite sides of the trail. Humans are morons. Utter morons, Roach thought in her head, unable to say the words. As a substitute, she neighed out and huffed through her nose, drawing the attention of the moronic humans as Y/n stroked her nose to get her to calm.

When Geralt returned, he didn't even need to look at them to sense the uncomfortable atmosphere. He took a look at Roach, shook his head, and said, "What did you do?" She shook her mane out in response, hearing Geralt sigh as his hand ran down her neck, letting out a hum.

A few more painful days later, and they finally arrived in Aedirn, traveling until the entered the city of Vengerberg. Geralt was reminded of Yennefer everywhere he went, but the local contract he was summoned for was worth its weight in coin. The three of them entered a rather full tavern, asking for their usual two rooms to spend a few nights in while Geralt and Y/n took care of this monster lurking in the city. They only had the coin enough for two. They would drink their weight in ale once the contract was fulfilled, instead taking to immediately head to their rooms. Dandelion followed joyously behind Geralt, meaning to enter the room behind him, but when Geralt closed the door in Dandelion's face and locked it before he could follow, he stood stumped at his situation.

"Geralt?" Dandelion called through the door, knocking on the wood of it. "Uh, you locked me out of our room before I could, ah... follow you. Have you perhaps forgotten the arrangements?"

He received no reply. Instead, Geralt was waiting patiently for Dandelion to take the hint and move on to their friend's room. He'd had enough longing looks and flirting encounters between them. They may be annoying as all hell, but he cared for them. No amount of liquor in the world would make him admit it, but he did. After a few moments of Dandelion rapping at the door, he heard him turn away and walk a few paces, the familiar tones of their mingling voices echoing through his sensitive ears before disappearing behind a closed door. Geralt hummed, finally content, and took to his bed. He hoped by morning they would have this settled between them. If they didn't, he might just kill them.