"Just- ah... Just thinking of a new song. Today gave me perfect inspiration, the way you were able to cut down that rotfiend was awe inspiring, my dear," Jaskier gushed, and she gave him a little smile. The truth was he was trying not to think of the fact that she would be bathing, naked, in the same room as him with nothing but a screen to keep them separated.

"Yes, well, I'd rather not be within distance of it's explosive nature when it dies again," Y/n commented, recalling how the rotfiend, as soon as she landed her final blow, burst from the inside, one of their more distinct features. The debris managed to cover her in the aftermath, luckily avoiding the fumes of the cloud that dispersed after the explosion. "Rotfiend does not smell particularly pleasant. I hope there's at least a few oils and soaps back there to rid me of the stench."

She held her wrist gently, knowing the injury was probably just a sprain, but it hurt terribly nonetheless. Every movement sent spurts of pain through her wrist and arm, making her hiss out in pain. The rotfiend had tried to grab at her, managing to catch her wrist and tug harshly, feeling as though it was pulled out of it's place, before it sent her careening back as she fell right onto her already delicate arm. Her wrist was twisted even worse after that before she finally managed to end the rotfiend, the explosion making her fall backwards once again and try to catch herself on her arms. Big mistake. She felt it twist and sprain, and possible crack, when she fell backwards from the intensity of the explosion.

Stepping behind the screen, she took off her boots as best she could with her opposite feet before having to worry about getting her top off. Her chemise buttoned, and the leather jerkin was laced along the front. She managed to get her jerkin off, simply pulling the strings apart, but the pain of moving her arm out of the jerkin made her hiss. Every touch to her wrist and arm was painful. She struggled with the buttons of her chemise, knowing it would be an even worse pain to remove. Then she had to worry about her trousers. "Gods damnit. Bloody thing," Y/n mumbled as she attempted to undo a button one handed. The fact that it was soaked in blood didn't help her either.

Jaskier heard her struggle from his bed, trying hard not to get up and help her, knowing she wouldn't want the aid. But after a long time of hearing silent curses and whimpers of pain she tried to keep down, he sighed and said, "Y/n, are you all right?" He didn't want to outright ask her if he could help her. He might easily get around with ladies from tavern bars, but this was his friend, a woman he respected, despite his immense affection for her.

"I'm, um... fine," she hesitated to speak, before letting out yet another, "Fuck!" in pain and frustration. "You know what? Jaskier, could you, uh, could you come back here, please? I... need help," she managed out, stuttering over a few words at the inevitable awkward situation.

"Sure," he spoke nonchalantly, although his heart was pounding in his chest. He stood, walking past the screen that separated him from her. She stood there with her wrist clutched to her chest, trying not to meet his eyes. "What do you... need help with?" he asked, finally drawing her to look at him. The bath beside her was steaming, but it certainly wasn't as much as it had been when it was first brought in many minutes ago.

"I need your help undoing my buttons of my chemise and my... trousers," she said, trailing off slightly as she stepped from one foot to the other. "If it's not too much trouble."

Jaskier smiled gently and approached her, saying, "That is no problem at all." She moved her wrist to the side, wincing silently as he brought up his hands, looking to her for permission. She simply gestured with her good hand, and he started undoing the simple buttons down her chemise. He averted his eyes slightly when he caught a glimpse of her breast, her own cheeks flushing slightly at the intimacy of their situation.

He looked down to her trousers, slightly confused when he saw no laces or buttons on the front. "They're on the back," she said, trying as hard as she could to keep her voice strong. He let out a small 'ah' and twisted around to face her back. He let out a breath, and she shivered slightly when she felt it hit the back of her neck, something that did not go unnoticed by Jaskier. Y/n regained herself by clearing her throat and nodding back to him before feeling him start to undo the laces on the back of her trousers. "Can you help me get out of the chemise? I think I can get the trousers by myself," she told him. "Just... stay back there."