Chapter 2

"Did your mom seriously not drive you again?" Gareth asks Dustin. Gareth and Dustin had become close friends when Dustin joined Hellfire club. Gareth had showed Dustin some parts of the high school that Dustin didn't know were there. Needless to say, Gareth was one of Dustin's close new friends.

"Yeah, but that's fine. She was busy anyway." Dustin lies

"Busy doing what exactly? Petting Mews?" Dustin couldn't lie to Gareth. He knew too much.

"Yeah..."

"That's pretty messed up Henderson. Your mom should be better than that."

"Well, I mean, she is a good mom." 'Sometimes' "Just, I don't know."

"Are we talking about Dustin's mother again?" Eddie asks, putting his hands on the boy's shoulders.

"She still won't drive Dustin to school."

"Wow. You know, that's pretty messed up."

"That's what I said! Well, I have to get to class now. See you too at lunch!"

Gareth runs down the hallway and Eddie faces Dustin.

"Hey buddy, do you need a ride here?"

"What?"

"Do you need a ride to school? I could take you, you know. Since your mom and everything..."

"No, I'm fine. I like riding my bike."

"Well, I'm driving you anyway. It's like 5 miles here from your house. I will pick you up at 8:30 from now on. Be ready. Oh, and also, we are going to stop for breakfast every morning, so don't worry about feeding yourself at home."

"Thanks Eddie."

"Of course! Now get to class! I don't want you to be late and be stuck here like me."

"Okay! I won't!" Dustin runs towards his next class with Eddie watching him.

'That kid is going places. I feel bad his mom isn't watching him grow up.'

Eddie then walks to his next class, after he hears the school bell ring.