NICU Day 25: The Girls are Twenty-five Days Old... Yesterday, was a shift, and today is a very busy day.

Today, Lucas plans to propose to Vic, and Amanda gets a heart ultrasound to check on the problems with her heart and the murmur. Then, Maggie and Hannah are taking care of the girls again today. So, it's a pretty busy day.

Andy and Robert did their normal morning routine. That includes Andy getting up, sometime between six to six-thirty to pump. Then, Robert gets up around seven. Then, they eat, shower, and leave for the hospital and get there around eight.

When they get to the hospital, finally park, and make it upstairs, they find Vic and Lucas in the girl's room. Conversation... Andy: Morning, guys. Vic: Morning. I have coffee for you. (Vic hands Andy coffee. After a few minutes, Maggie comes into the room.) Maggie: Morning, everyone. Today, we have a heart ultrasound for Amanda. Andy: Okay. (They do the babies' checks. Their checks include breakfast, diaper changes, changing the bedding, morning hugs and kisses, swaddling, and normal medical checks.) Maggie: I'll be back with Dr. Lori and Dr. Pardo in less than an hour or two. Andy: Okay. Lucas: Let's do it. Vic: Do what? Andy: You'll figure it out. So, go with it. Vic: I'm not good at that. Andy: Too bad. (They hand Vic the babies. When she gets handed the babies, Lucas gets down on his knee.) Vic: Lucas, what are you doing? Why are you on one knee?

Lucas: Victoria Hughes, you're the bravest and smartest woman I know. I love you so much, and I want to marry you. I've had a lot of failed relationships, but being with you, I know that you're the one. Let's get married and have a family. Will you marry me, Victoria Hughes?

Vic: Yes, I will marry you. (Lucas puts the ring on Vic's finger. Andy and Robert take the babies and put them up. Meanwhile, Vic stands up and jumps in Lucas's arms. Meanwhile, they've been taking a video and pictures.) Vic: I love you all so much. Andy: We love you too. Vic: The team says they'll get the things that you mark important. So, you need to go through your registry and mark what you want to get them. Andy: Thank you, Vic. (They all hang out. Around nine-thirty, the doctors come in with Maggie.) Dr. Lori: Morning, everyone. Andy: Morning. Dr. Pardo: So, today I'm going to have Amanda get another ultrasound of her heart. However, since the murmur hasn't gone away. I'm going to do a very detailed ultrasound of her heart. Andy: Should we be worried? Dr. Pardo: Not at the moment. Andy: Okay. (Dr. Pardo leaves.) Dr. Lori: How is everyone today? Vic: Lucas asked me to marry him with these two little girls as helpers.

Dr. Lori: Did you say yes? Vic: Of course. Dr. Lori: How are the girls today? Maggie: Good. They're maintaining their temperature well, and oxygenating well. Dr. Lori: I think we're ready to start weaning them from an isolette to an open bed. Andy: What does that mean? Dr. Lori: The babies have grown so much, they may be ready to outgrow these beds. The transition will be gradual. Andy: Okay. What does all of that mean? Dr. Lori: Instead of the babies having the lid on the whole time, they'll get the lid off all the time. Then after a few days to a couple of weeks, we start transitioning to the normal baby beds. Andy: Okay. Dr. Lori: I'll start transitioning them when they're a month old. That also means they're going to wear clothes. Andy: Okay. Thank you. (Dr. Lori leaves.) Lucas: We're going out to dinner tonight, and before we're getting them clothes. Don't forget to tell Jamie. Andy: I know.

Vic and Lucas leave, and that's when they realize they're all alone. When they're alone, they hang out and talk. Around eleven, Amanda gets taken for her ultrasound, and she gets brought back within twenty minutes. After an hour, Dr. Pardo comes in with Maggie. Dr. Pardo has a concerned look on her face.