𝖾𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾

000.
𝖾𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾

Lucenys sat in her chambers, staring blankly at the wall. Her mind was a jumbled mess of conflicting emotions. The small council had suggested that she marry Aemond, but how could she even consider it? Aemond was the one who made her lose her memory and kill her dragon Arrax. The very thought of him made her blood boil with anger and resentment.

But then there were the memories that she couldn't shake. The times when she had no memory of what happened at Storm's End, and Aemond had been there with her, speaking with her, laughing with her, and comforting her. In those moments, he had seemed so kind and caring. She knew she wasn't supposed to have feelings for him, but she couldn't help it.

A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts, and she turned to see Aemond standing in the doorway. She could feel her heart racing in her chest at the sight of him.

"May I come in?" he asked, his voice soft and gentle.

Lucenys hesitated for a moment, but ultimately nodded her head. Aemond stepped into the room, closing the door behind him.

"I know this is all very difficult for you," he said, taking a seat across from her. "But I want you to know that I would never do anything to hurt you. I care about you, Lucenys."

Lucenys felt her resolve crumble at his words. How could she hate him when he was being so kind to her? She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts.

"How can you say that?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper. "You were the one who made me lose my memory and kill my dragon."

"I know," Aemond replied, his gaze never leaving hers. "And I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you. But please, Lucenys, don't let that one mistake define our relationship. I know there is something between us. Can't you feel it?"

Lucenys felt her cheeks flush at his words. He was right, she could feel something between them. But how could she even consider marrying him after what he had done?

"I don't know," she said, her voice barely audible. "I don't know what to do."

Aemond reached across the table, taking her hand in his. "Just give me a chance, Lucenys," he said, his voice pleading. "Let me show you that I can be the man you need me to be."

Lucenys stared into his eyes, feeling her heart pounding in her chest. She knew she was in conflict, but she couldn't deny the feelings she had for him.

Yet he was the one that killed her dragon— her Arrax.

She could never forgive him for that.

Looking at him, she could see the fight that fought on. Between them.

Lucenys retreated her hand and let her head turn away from his.

"My dragon is still gone."

Over the ten years, Lucenys had seen her mother and uncle flourish. Many had expected them to fight, rage or even betray each other, yet none of that had happened. In fact— many were quite surprised over the fact that Queen Rhaenyra and King Aegon were quite good at ruling with each other.