Chapter I: Loss

As the girl in white pierced her blade to the other's heart out of hesitation and her own survival, she gently embraced the girl in black, sobbing quietly. "Tairitsu...", she muttered, burying her head against Tairitsu's shoulder. "Hikari... you're such an... idiot, yet you...", the other girl whispered to her ear. Tairitsu proceeds to cup Hikari's cheeks, and gave her a sudden kiss. She felt her body fading away, giving the other girl a sad smile before vanishing from her sight.

Another flashback.

She tried closing her eyes out of fear. She had walked aimlessly at the world of Arcaea after what happened, with that said memory kept repeating at the back her mind, while she wonders why fragments of Tairitsu's memories are following her despite the girl's disappearance.

The girl in white gazes at the sky, with fragments of the other's memories levitating above her. She tried to catch one, and she did, yet it slowly faded away from her hands very quickly. It was a short glimpse of the future, a future where neither of them shouldn't unravel yet, a future where she and Tairitsu are exploring together, slowly forgetting the conflict that they had.

Tears started flowing from her tear ducts.

She then gently wiped away her tears, smiling. "We shall meet once again, that's a promise.", she whispered as she picked up a empty lantern on the barren ground, recalling the other girl's Tempest form. She tried to gave Tairitsu's appearance during that time a name, and "tempest" was the only word she came up with. Hikari slowly stood up, lighted up the lantern with blue and red flames. Clenching her teeth, she screamed as she threw the lantern out of rage, letting her cry to be heard by the world.

She is starting to hate this fucking world.

She knows that no one is nearby, yet she knows that there are other people who are also in pain, as they go on to find the truth. Hikari also wants to find the truth too, yet she can't go on as the guilt for slaying Tairitsu fills up on her heart every step she take. Is this really her fate? To kill the person she only wanted to befriend? Or it was something more. She developed feelings for Tairitsu. Hikari knew that she did, yet she was not able to say her feelings in front of the other girl. She knew that time wasn't the best moment.

Despite knowing the fact that she doesn't know where Tairitsu went after her death, yet she must try to meet her again, at all cost. Grabbing a fragment of the other's memory, Hikari held it as she gently embraced it with her two hands, before it faded away like sand. Tears slowly drying up, she took another step, continuing her journey of pursuing the truth. But a voice calls her, abruptly stopping her tracks.

"Don't even try to continue looking for me...", the voice said before it turns into a worrying shout.