01 One Year

You stared at the familiar man, his eyes not leaving your own as he began to get flashbacks of another time, a time where the two of you were naked in a lake, a time where you kissed his cheek and he liked it, a time where you were his. Soap held his hand out to shake before clearing his throat, "it's good to see you again, Riley," He stated. You couldn't help but stare at the man as he did the same to you.

"Sargent MacTavish, what are you doing here?" You asked, he simply cleared his throat and put his hand away, "I'm in charge of the second team sent to this location," he stated, resting both of his hands on the shoulder straps of his chest armor. Your eyes widened, "Price claimed he sent me out here only with my group," you responded, raising an eyebrow in confusions. Soap cleared his throat again, "we were sent here a year ago, soldier," he stated.

"A year ago?" You asked in shock, had it already been that long? "Yeah, a year and 5 months," He continued, "your mission is over, (Y/N), why not come back to base with us?" He asked, you looked back at your tired and injured group before looking at Soap. "We have medical supplies," He continued. You sighed and nodded, "fine, so be it," you replied, informing your men to follow Soap's group and informing Price over the comms that you met up with Soap's group.

You were on edge, Price said Soap was trustworthy person, you had faint memories of his face, in your therapy you remembered small parts of him, your only true memory of him was when he kissed your cheek and left before his mission.

That was the Soap you remembered, not this man who Price claimed loved you till the day he left. You were broken out of your thoughts when a tall man bumped into you, you looked up only for his piercing dark eyes to look at you. "My apologies, sir." You said, "keep movin'" he said, the man wore a mask, you froze when you saw it, you felt a chill run up your spine...you knew this man, too. "Um, excuse me?" you called after him, but the man kept moving, completely ignoring you and your men.

Soap noticed and looked at the masked man, he patted his shoulder before letting him walk in front of him, you just stared in confusion, but kept walking as the sound of injured men echoed through the cold snowy forest you walked in.

~~~~

The camp was warm, there was a fire set up along with some food and medics there. It was inside of an abandoned factory, everything was cleared out except for a machine in the front, laid out on the floor were at least 14 sleeping bags, all for Soap's men.

You sat by the fire, warming up as you held your hands out towards the heat. Your men had fallen asleep, after a long days work it they were naturally exhausted. But not you, instead you say by that fire and was left to your thoughts. Why did that man practically run from you? Why was he so familiar? Did Soap still have feelings for you? Even after your accident? You didn't know, hopefully he kept it professional and not make things-

"Hey, (Y/N)," Speak of the devil. Soap took a seat right next to you, he held out something to you. You looked down to see a handkerchief, "thought you would want it to wipe all that dirt off your face." Soap smiled, you nodded a bit and took it, as soon as you started wiping your face you froze, the handkerchief smelt like sweat. A part of you wanted to gag but you didn't, instead you handed it back to Soap and wiped the rest of your face off with your sleeve.

"It's a cold night, ain't it?" Soap said, looking up through a window on the roof to look at the many stars in the sky. "It seems that way, Sargent." You said, you looked up at the sky and noticed the way Soap watched the stars, a familiar sense washed over you, "I'm sorry about our first meeting....last year," he stated, "I don't remember it," You said, but Soap just chuckled. "No, I meant when you woke up, I think I was scared," he muttered, looking down at the fire. "Sargent, I don't fully know what my relationship was to you, but I want to remember," you stated to him.

Soap smiled more, he looked over at you and examined everything part of you, your eyes, your nose, your lips, everything, "goodnight, (Y/N)," he said before standing up and walking over to his cot.

When he left to rest you stood up and walked outside, there, resting against a rock was a slightly drunk man, the masked man. "Sir, are you alright?" You asked, he just scoffed. "(Y/N), get inside," he said, your eyes widened as you hadn't told him your first name. "Sir, how do you know my name..." you muttered, slowly reaching for a gun. He simply said nothing, he stumbled into the room and towards his cot, where he dozed off to sleep.

You sighed and put your gun away, walking over to your cot in the corner you curled up in it, you shivered as you felt your head against the hard metal floor of the factory, closing your eyes you tried to remember people, you certainly wanted to remember Soap now.