Chapter 14 - A Little Lady and a Big Star

Start from the beginning

"And I love you."

We kissed again, and like in the kitchen, a dog interrupted, only this time, it was Sandy trying to get into my lap. Shannon and I both chuckled. "Hey, little guy," I said and placed the dog in a comfortable position, and he remained there. "Man, he's cute."

"He is. I'm glad that he and Lila hit it off."

"Yeah, it's just too bad that I'll have to head back to Memphis after filmin's through in a couple of weeks." I looked back at Shannon. "I'm tempted to take you with me."

She gasped and stared at me. "Oh my, I couldn't leave this little vet and move somewhere else!"

It was endearing that she loved her clinic so much, but it was a little hurtful that she didn't want to leave it for me. But it made sense, considering what she went through to get to where it was at the moment. "Relax, I was just sayin'. I'll just miss ya."

She snuggled against me, the picture still in her hand. "I'll miss you, too."

"Are you gonna continue bein' in show business?"

"I don't know... Maybe I can do both. I just know I'm not going to leave being a vet. I love it too much."

"You love animals that much, huh?"

"I do. They're my life. No matter what happens, they always will be."

The both of us loved animals, which was nice. Every woman I went on with had to love animals. "Even bein' involved with a famous guy?" I joked.

"No offense, but yes. If I had to choose between saving and animal and going somewhere with you, I would choose saving the animal. You would have to wait."

I laughed. "If I was in your shoes, I'd do the same thing. Back at home, there's animals runnin' all over the place. They're pretty important to me, too." I pet little Sandy in my lap as his eyelids drooped.

"I know. That's one of the things I love about you—your love of animals. If you didn't like animals, I don't care if you're my favorite star. It wouldn't work."

"Did the last guy you were with like animals?"

"Well enough. But let's not talk about him. He's a memory I would like to forget."

"And a guy I wanna slug for what he did to ya." I looked down at her. "So... you wanna do this?"

"I do." She looked up at me. "After my last failed relationship, I lost hope of finding a guy who would love me for me and not care about my height. Then you came along. Who knew that the guy I was looking for would be my favorite star?"

"I'm glad that I was that guy for ya, but... you have somethin' wrong with what you just said."

Her brows pushed together. "What?"

"I care about your height. It makes ya all the more cute. And I've said it before—you wouldn't be you without your small stature."

"Even if I'm the size of a child, you still want to be in a relationship with me?"

"You're no child. You're a grown woman with nice feminine curves and assets. You're just small. That's all."

Her face turned red when I mentioning her assets. "I... guess. It's just something to get used to."

"I can help with that."

I leaned down yet again and kissed her soft lips. Oh, how I loved them. Loved her. And she loved me. We would be together as long as we could. I would make sure of it. I could see myself staying in LA for a lot longer than planned.