Home

Chapter Seven

Sassi

" What do you think? " 

I hold my breath as the little girl looks around her new room.

" I like it. " Bri says while circling around with her finger on her chin making me roll my eyes. " It's bigger than my room back home. And I have a tree to look at out of the window... Can we paint the walls? " 

Shaking my head I give her a side hug. " Sure, kid. Any color you want. "

At least she likes the house. Hearing the patter of fast-approaching footsteps I almost cringe. What did I just do?

" Me too? " I hear before I see. 

" Anything but black, Bridg

" Anything but black, Bridg. " I groan out. 

I know, I know. Why'd I let an escor- I mean ex escort not only come to Charming but move in with me as well? Let's just say she caught me in a weak moment. 

Flashback

" Please take me with you! "

This begging started the second we walked through the door. Damn, Jury for telling everyone before I had the chance.   

" Bridgette... For the millionth time- " I say while helping Bri pack her things. 

She doesn't let me deny her again. " I'll help out with Bri! We have fun, right? " 

" Don't bring me into this. " Bri chimes in as she dumps her sock drawer into a duffle bag. 

Bridgette rolls her eyes and refocuses. " Please, Sassi, I gotta get out of here before I'm all used up. " 

Grunting I look her over. At almost twenty she's right. If she stays she'll be picked over by twenty-five. Hell, I remember being totally against her coming to work for Jury. She was freshly eighteen and the greenest to the lifestyle I'd ever seen. My recommendation was not to hire her flat out. Jury and the brothers had other ideas. They took it to church and voted unanimously. 

Perverts. All of them. 

Groaning loudly I know she has worn me down. " If I take you with me you will make a complete life change. You get out of escorting, no stripping, and or crow eating. You get a job and help the club when necessary. " 

" Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! " She squeals before throwing her arms around me. 

Regretting my decision already I tell her, " go get packed we leave at noon with or without you ". 

End Flashback

So here we are. One little dysfunctional family. At least I know Bridgette is loyal to me if only that. Plus, even if that weren't the case, she fears me enough to never cross me therefore the club.