Chapter 45: Nightmare for The Western Nations

What was that..?

I muttered.

I was confused and couldn't comprehend what had happened. All I could tell was that Demon Lord Guy Crimson had initiated a tremendous spell that covered the entire country. The whole Tempest has been compressed by a black haze wrapping its outskirts.

While all that was happening, we ran to Vesta's laboratory. We could not escape the spell and were engulfed before we could manage our escape. 

Fortunately, the spell began to shatter. The Black miasma was overwritten by one individual... One individual has. While Kaval and the others are freaking out for their lives. I was brazen enough to turn around and catch a glance. He/she is so high up in the sky but I saw a glimpse of silver-blue hair.

After the spell has been overturned, we immediately halt in our tracks. Tempest returned to its original shape and the individual with silver-blue hair dragged Demon Lord Guy away.

Yes, I was able to catch a glimpse. Sir Rimuru has challenged the Strongest Demon Lord.

...

"Impossible..."

Kondou muttered between their exchanges. The battle between Kondou and Shizu was still ongoing while Shizu still haven't touched Kondou. Slowly but surely, Kondou was getting driven to the corner.

"Amazing, even to my awakening a top executive of the Eastern Empire can hold on to this level of battle, huh? no wonder even an unnamed Primordial is no match for you." 

"Were you talking about the Devil I've encountered in the Charybdis cave? are you saying he is primordial?"

"Yes, and you manage to hold on to him. You are impressive."

"Yet, someone here is driving me into the corner. I've also found your networking on me a little mysterious."

"That is correct, as much as I dislike admitting it. But, like I was before, and as a champion. Then you probably have all of my weaknesses and knowledge about me in order to remove me. Back then, I was absolutely inept in comparison to what I have today. All of my skills are see-through and because I was accepting every mission I could all of the spies and informants from the east must have all of my information in their hands."

Shizu admits that before unlocking her True Hero powers, she couldn't hold a candle to Kondou. Meanwhile, Rimuru's Kingdom of Tempest has outsmarted the Eastern Empire's intelligence network. Historically, the Empire meticulously tracked and neutralized rising threats like Hinata Sakaguchi, Honjou Masayuki, Arisu Kobayashi, and Shizue Izawa. However, Shizue's unexpected alliance with Tempest caught them off guard. This makes Shizue the most powerful and most cunning one among champions right now as this development greatly overthrows the ongoing plans within the Empire.

With a thunderous clash, Shizu and Kondou each unleashed their final, desperate maneuvers, their swords dancing with the crackle of magic and the glint of steel. In a whirlwind of power and determination, they exchanged blows, each strike echoing with the weight of their destinies. Yet, as the dust settled, both warriors, bruised and bloodied, recognized the undeniable truth: their strengths were evenly matched, and the battle could yield no victor today. With a silent nod of respect, they retreated, leaving behind a battlefield tinged with the remnants of their fiery clash.

"That's right, Shizue Izawa a Legendary Champion. A summoned inhabited by the Superior Spirit: Ifrit. Exemplary in fire magic."

"Just as I was expected. I was on the Eastern Empire's list of targets."

"Yes, there is no reason to hide it. But, I still ponder whether this information I have at hand was still relevant to the very person I was fighting right now. If this information was still true, then I could have eliminated you without much trouble. Furthermore, I don't recall ever disclosing myself to anyone in the Eastern Empire. As a reason, your information about me was rather fascinating."