Chapter 4: Why? What? How? Who?

Another Day, Another 12 hours of mopping around this now boring office. It's been a week since we came to LA. At this point you would expect people to stop staring at the 21-year-old girl who's hanging around in an office, and mopping about rather doing any work as they would expect, but they don't. Trust me. People are still staring and Appa still keeps saying they'll grow out of it. 

"Nope. They don't. They don't stop staring" I groaned sinking into his chair as he layed down in the couch. 

"It's fine! It's not like they're gonna be bothered by you, unless you are bothering them by not letting them work" He replied. 

"Paaa" I groaned. 

"Also speaking of you mopping around, stay in the apartment from tomorrow for three months. I have a very important client. Kenji kekuren, office pakame vanthudatha" He exclaimed. 

"Ipdi sona varuven, pathuko" I said.  

"You can come if you want but, ipdi lobby sofa la thala kila okarrurathu lam for 3 months, ok va?" 

"Ugh... fine" I whined.

"Good" He said and dozed of to sleep with his light snores. Watching him sleep made me sleepy so I did what I mostly did these days: I slept in the other couch. I guess I was really tired, cause when I woke up, it was 8 in the morning and I was in our apartment living room couch. 

"Mornin'" I grumbled making my way to the kitchen. 

"Morning" 

"Enna office pola?" I asked. 

"Dress than mathanum. Nee than ready aganum" Appa replied. 

"Poi tholairen" I groaned and went to my room, bathed and changed into something decent for once instead of a loose hoodie and tracks. 

When I got to the kitchen, I wasn't surprised to see Appa wasn't there so I locked the apartment door and went downstairs to see him leaning on the car waiting for me, usually I went alone. I should say, I was quiet shocked to see him in a suit, but what can I say except great minds think alike? 

 I should say, I was quiet shocked to see him in a suit, but what can I say except great minds think alike? 

"Edhuku waiting? Nane poipen la" I replied. 

"Paravala, va polam" 

I shrugged and got into the car. 

When we reached the office, people I saw everyday roaming through the lobby stared at me coming in. 

"Finally the kid comes in looking presentable. I still wonder who she is" The blonde lady who was always on her phone, not working said to another brunette. 

"Yeah, I agree. I guess someone told her to dress presentable cause what's his name... Ha, Santhosh Aarav is coming today" The brunette replied. 

"Yeah true" The blonde agreed. I chuckled at their conversation sitting down on my usual couch and crossed my legs. 

I wondered who this Santhosh Aarav was as I scrolled through my Insta. Probably the important client Appa was talking about. 

I decided to google him up, and when I clicked on a photo of him, I felt like staring at one of those gender switch filters which are 100% accurate. And it felt like I knew him from somewhere. 

Who is this guy? 

Why does he look exactly like me? 

Or should I say, Why do  look exactly like him?

Why do I feel like I know him?

Immediately a fraction of second after that, everyone were scurrying to the entrance. I walked into the crowd and got a front line spot. When he walked, his eyes skedaddled around the crowd, when he saw me, his eyes stopped going around and his eyes locked with mine. He stopped walking right in front of me. I froze. His eyes showed around a million emotions. And I really felt like looking in a gender swapping mirror. The same jet black hair, piercing dark brown eyes. 

"Hi?" I managed to choke out of my mouth. 

"Hi. By any chance could you come to Arjun Aditya's office?" He asked. His voice was soft, tone laced with some sort of sarcasm. 

"Sure?" I replied. 

Why is he calling me to my dad's office?

Why does he look exactly like me?

Who is he?

ARJUN ADITYA GIVE ME ANSWERSSSS!