Awkward Seconds Of A Pause

Start from the beginning

"That's none of your business." He replied nonchalantly. I guess he was expecting a reply, because he glared at me. "It was just a hug." I said casually, but he didn't believe me. Can't blame him. "Do you think I'm a child?" He asked me, to which I wanted to say yes. He really was acting like a child, in my defense. But why was he here? That was the real question. 

"Cheng, what are you doing here?" I asked him, folding my arms. "Didn't I tell you? I went to get candy." He said, pointing to the lollipop in his mouth. "Why do I get the feeling you had an ulterior motive?" I asked, as Cheng raised his eyebrow. I had caught something in his words. "What are you talking about? What makes you think that?" He asked me, accusingly. He now had a frown on his face, which was very uncommon for a person like Cheng. 

"My sixth sense." I replied confidently, looking him in the eyes. His reaction meant he was definitely hiding something, and trying very hard to deny it. "You're as slow as an elephant. You have a sixth sense?" He said, now with an amused expression. That, was infuriating. But, I was determined to prove him wrong. I smirked, and reached out my hand. "Show me your wallet." I asked, gesturing for him to hand it over. I was a hundred and one percent sure he had money.

He looked at my hand. "Why? Who gave you the courage?" He asked me, pushing my hand down. "Fish Leong." I replied confidently, as he stared at me. (Fish Leong has a song called Courage.) "Childish." Cheng said, before turning to leave. I pushed him playfully. He glared at me, as I smiled. 

+---×---+

Cheng and Chen returned to the base, as Cheng threw the packet of candy on the desk, and logged in. He wasn't wearing his headset, as it was casual playing. Chen walked behind him, in a daze. She was in her own thoughts, when Yue disturbed the silence. "Why are you both back together? Retard, where's your Hierophant? Did you both get together? Or did you reject him for my brother?" Yue asked slyly, as Chen smacked him on the head. 

"We bumped into each other. Hierophant is gone. We both are just.. old friends. Get together with him, my foot. And, me and Cheng? I want to live a few more years, if that's okay. That's why I'm determined not to date an E-Sports player. Or anyone in my field, for that matter." Chen replied, as she poured out 75% of her thoughts. Besides, how could Chen be with Gunhyeok? He was her brother. Cheng heard this, and maintained a blank expression. He felt a different emotion, he never felt before. 

"You're a girl. Can't you be more gentle?" Yue asked, as Chen crossed her arms. "No. Wow.. you've maintained a hell of record. Wait. Lu Yue, you brat! Don't you dare mess with my account!" Chen shouted abruptly, noticing the username was hers. "You asked me to do it." Yue said, as Chen scoffed in disbelief. "I didn't ask you, to play horribly! How can you win?" Chen asked, annoyed. If any damage was done by Yue to her account, she would murder him. "I'm doing fine." Yue protested.

"No way." Chen said, internally raging. "So loud." Cheng mumbled, and both Yue and Chen stared at him. "Why don't you eat the candy you bought?" Yue said, irritated. "I suddenly don't want to eat them." Cheng replied, as Chen scoffed. "He didn't go out to buy candy. Look." She said, lifting the cat jar, and shaking it violently. Candy fell out in bunches. Yue laughed, returning to his game. 

"What? I had been sitting here for some time. Can't I go out for a walk? Breathing fresh air, can help relieve sickness." Cheng replied, as Yue looked at him, smirking. "I'm convinced." He said, smothering his laughter. Chen decided to eat one candy. Cheng stood up. "Our team is aiming for the championship this year. No dating, no treason." Cheng said, getting up and leaving. Yue and Chen looked at each other, Yue clearly amused. 

---------

Chen talked with Yao, who had asked Jinyang. "Jinyang told me about Brother Cheng's special feelings for you. He responded right away." Yao said, as Chen scoffed. "It's probably because of the championship. No distractions." She sighed. "Girl, do you really believe that? You know Cheng. Think it over, and then decide. Anyway, I have to take this. Bye." Yao said, leaving the room, after getting a call from her mother.