Chapter 10: Restrictions

Start from the beginning

"What? But all I did was close a small wound, I don't see why it's such a scandal."

"Haaa... don't you know that?" I'll make sure Elizabeth gets hers what she deserves. Father looked serious at Xander's words, but I still couldn't understand the problem.

Faced with my confusion, Rosina was the one who shed some light on my situation.

"Well, you'll see, young master. The two times when you use healing magic, you not only heal the wound on your brother, but he also restored his depleted mana."

"What?"

"And in my case, the dagger I injured myself with has a small curse that makes it difficult to use healing magic."

Why on earth would the high priestess have such a creepy dagger!?

"Normally a novice healer would not be able to restore depleted mana let alone break a hex. You may not know, but only me, the high priestess, the high bishop and a few other priests can use such a level of mana."

"What do you mean? You are saying that I'm a genius!?" For my own surprise, my mind was very excited.

I mean, who wouldn't be?

It's like when you barely studied for a test, but you were the highest grade in the course.

Although to be honest it's very likely that it got to this level because of Celine's help, but that's just between us.

"But isn't that good?" I mean, I'm a genius at healing magic, why does everyone look like the world is ending?"

No one answered my question, everyone looked like they really didn't want to answer my question. And before I could ask again, father blurted out another question.

"Andrew, besides healing magic, what other types of magic do you know about?"

"For now I don't know of any other kind of magic, he didn't manage to perform any kind of support or offensive magic for the moment."

"I see." Father said more relaxed, almost relieved. He closed his eyes for a few moments. Then with a determined sounding voice he said:

"From today, Andrew, you are forbidden to leave the mansion."

Ah, I think I am witnessing my freedom being taken from me before my very eyes.

We are in the main dining room. It's exactly dinner time. Some nervous cooks look at me anxiously from the kitchen door.

While the duke has a scolded puppy face and Xander just eats in silence.

"Andrew, please even tell me if you liked the food or not."

"Brother, please tell the duke that the food is delicious."

"Ha..." Xander sighs with frustration.

That's how it is. As you can see, I am currently applying the law of ice to father. At the moment, I don't want to speak to him, but that's no reason for teacher chefs to freak out.

Given my clarification, the nervous cooks breathe a sigh of relief and head back into the kitchen. Leaving father, Xander and me, eating in silence.

"Andrew, do you want dessert? If you like, I can tell the cooks to prepare whatever you want."

"Brother, please tell your majesty that I would like some chocolate cookies."

"Ha..." Xander sighs with frustration. Honestly, I think that Xander is also having a bad time. But been angry doesnt mean I also dont get hungry, besides my tummy really wanted chocolate cookies.

This cycle of father asking me and me answering through Xander has been going on for a week now.

Exactly a week ago, the duke declared that he could not leave the mansion.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really mind not being able to go out that much. What's more, it's not like he needed to go out in the first place.

What bothers me is that they don't tell me the reason why I can't go out.

I mean, what's the secret?

Even the convicts know why they're being locked up. I must say that I feel a bit annoyed because I thought that I was going to be congratulated and showered with compliments for learning how to use mana. Contrary to my expectations, he ends up in house arrest without knowing the reason.

I think I have every right to be angry.

Father has tried to make my anger lessen.

But every time I ask what the reason is, no one gives me an answer. They all avoid the question or just pretend not to hear me.

I even tried to ask Celine if she knew anything, but she was just as lost on the issue as I was.

After I finished my cookies, I decided to go to my room. I didn't want to continue in this uncomfortable silence that according to my experience until now is very common in this family.

"Brother, tell the duke that I am tired, so I will retire to my room. Good night."

"Yes, yes, go to sleep now."

"Rest easy, Andrew."

I ignored father's last comment and retired to my room.

Closing my door, I quickly threw myself on the bed. Immediately, spheres of light began to appear until a small chubby blue bird, Celine, appeared.

"Are you still mad, master?"

"Hmm, I really don't know what the big problem is. Simply, all I ask is a logical explanation of why I can't get out of the mansion. I'm not even interested in going out."

"Well if the duke is being so stubborn about it, I suppose he must have a good reason."

"Whatever the reason, they should at least share that same reason with the person who gets involved because of his problems."

"Well, I won't keep getting bitter about things that are out of my reach. I'm going to sleep now. Tomorrow will be an important day."

"Is it going to be tomorrow, master?"

Hehe tomorrow I would make my potion to strengthen my vessel. Just wait, I'll take that potion that will help me become stronger and force you to shower me with compliments!