Study Library

Quackity POV:

"Hey, quackity! what's up?'

Quackity glanced up from his book and squinted at the source of the voice.

"what do you mean what's up?" he replied, annoyed at being interrupted mid-read, even more, annoyed when a certain tall zombie came into view.

Wilbur chuckled as he approached quackity's desk.

"I meant what're you reading?" he said.

Quackity slammed the book shut. "Nothing! None of your business! Why'd you ask?"

Wilbur shrugged and leaned over Quackity's shoulder, adjusting his red-tinted circular frames "curious, I guess." he said.

Quackity glared daggers at Wilbur as he continued to lean over his shoulder.

"Are you reading porn?" Wilbur guessed.

Quackity turned around quickly, nearly hitting Wilbur, and then punching him hard on the arm to make up for missing.

"no you idiot it's just some dumb romance novel, Gods!"

Wilbur grinned mischievously. "Is that what lines these important shelves?" he asked, gesturing to the bookshelf next to him.

"yes." He said flatly. "I mean, no. Some of them. It's none of your business."

Wilbur laughed softly and shook his head. Then he tilted his head, looking at the prettily designed cover of the book clutched in Quackity's hands.
"Hey, that's just like our lives, isn't it? The rom-com type."

Quackity stared at him. "Wilbur...you-...I...our lives are NOT a fucking rom-com."

Wilbur laughed. "oh you're no fun. Our lives can be whatever we want them to be."

Quackity groaned loudly. "You're full of shit."

Wilbur leaned down until their faces were mere centimeters apart. "come on, we can make them interesting!"

Quackity pushed him away. "I'd rather not." he snapped.

Wilbur leant back and sat on the edge of Quackity's desk, resting his chin on his hand.
"That's boring."

He didn't respond. Instead, he turned back to his desk and opened his book once again.

Wilbur sighed and stood up. "I'll see you tomorrow," he said, walking out of the office.

"Please don't!" Quackity called after him.

"Too late see you then!"

Quackity could sense his smug smile from around the doorway and rolled his eyes.