Chapter One

—First Person POV.—

'Such a pretty day.' I internally comment as the sun peaks through the trees above to cast over my skin, bathing my figure in warmth the further I trekked through the thick woods.

The air had been filled with the quiet rustle of leaves—mixing along with the symphony of birdsong, and the babbling brook I had been traveling beside for the past few days.

I duck beneath a branch, evading the lush leaves with a smile on my face and leaning a bit towards the creak at my side.

The fish below swim away with the sudden shadow and leave ripples amongst the surface as they flee—only to return a few moments later as I continued trudging through the wilderness.

It was a day free from the worries of the world, a moment that reveled in the peace of the forest and I enjoyed it with every ounce of my being.

With the light sounds of something else trotting a few feet away, my ears twitch and my head tilts up to glance in the direction of the noise.

Only to sigh gently as a buck trots off into the tree line, disappearing from sight and taking my split second of worry along with it.

It's only when I start walking again that the inviting scent of ripe berries hung in the air—causing hunger to immediately spark to life and gnaw gently at my stomach.

I pause in my step, head tilting up in the direction the smell was coming from and with that, I broke away from the creaks edge in search of the food.

A short walk through the woods led me to a small clearing where the dappled sunlight highlighted the vibrant red berries that beckoned to me—they sparkled like nature's own gems amidst the greenery, a promise of sweet and juicy sustenance.

With a short glance around, I cautiously stepped free from the shadows of the trees and approached the bountiful berry bush.

As I grew closer, the image grows more clear: emerald leaves held clusters of plump, ruby-red jewels—its branches weighed down by the luscious bounty.

Each plump berry was a gift from nature, a vibrant gem of sustenance waiting to be plucked and I couldn't help but grin—my previous cautions now forgotten.

With grace and precision, I reached out with my dexterous fingers, plucking the sweet and juicy orbs one by one.

And while collecting, I popped a couple into my mouth—the berries practically burst with flavor, their succulent essence a delicious reward for my hunger.

A content and grateful hum escapes my lips as I savored the berries, their juice bursting upon my tongue in a symphony of natural sweetness.

Gathering berries became a meditative ritual, each plump fruit a gift that I happily took and placed into my satchel.

Once my task was completed, hunger quenched and a new few meals hidden away in my bag—I continued my travels, saying goodbye to the generous bushes to be on my way once more.

When evening approached, I only take notice when the shadows beneath the trees grew oddly darker—my head tilting up to glance through the lush greenery above to take in the sky.

It had grown to be painted in an array of red and purple, slowly dimming down with each passing moment.

My ears stayed up in alert—flickering every now and then with the natural noises of the forest before I turn and speed up my steps, eyes now glancing around for a place to rest for the night.

Up ahead, a large tree stood amongst the others and I slung my satchel to sit comfortably against my back.

With a cautious glance around the area, I jumped up to the first branch—hawking my body up before scaling the tree until I found a cozy nook within its branches, providing a comfortable resting place.

All For Us (Mezo Shoji x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें