Chapter 13: A date - Part 2/2

Calyx told me to wait by the front door while getting a vehicle. A few moments later, he pulled up in a beautiful, cherry red car; it roared as it came to a stop in front of me. I stood there in awe, my mouth agape.

Calyx got out of the car and came around to the passenger side.

He chuckled. "Do you like it?"

I huffed. "Like it? It's gorgeous; I didn't even know such beautiful machines existed." I admitted with embarrassment.

Calyx stared down at the car. "She's a 1966 Mustang, and she is indeed a beauty." Calyx opened the door and gestured for me to get in. "Come on; you'll enjoy it."

"Oh, why thank you, kind sir." I climbed into the car and found it surprisingly comfortable, but it smelled funny.

I scrunched my nose. "What's that smell?"

"Oh, that's just the fuel. Nothing to worry about." He chuckled.

Calyx revved the engine, and the car rumbled to life, vibrating throughout and causing a tingly sensation between my thighs. The tires screeched as we pulled away, and I squealed with excitement.

We reached the center of the town, and people were gathered all around. The buildings varied in size and were colourful. Doing something like this was new for me and a bit strange. I looked to Calyx with unease, and he placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"I know it's a bit much, but everything will be fine." He tried to reassure me.

I raised a brow and gave him a stern look. "It better be, or else I'm going to hurt you."

Calyx chuckled. "I don't doubt it."

I felt embarrassed that I had never been to the city or done "Normal things." before. I was feeling entirely out of place.

We pulled up in front of a row of fancy-looking shops. That displayed a wide variety of beautiful things. Calyx got out of the car and came to my side, I reached for the car door lock, but he opened the door before I could lock it

"Come on, time to get out." Calyx chirped.

I pouted. "I don't want to. Can't I just wear jeans and a t-shirt?" I asked, hoping it would be good enough, even though I knew it wouldn't be.

He shook his head. "Nope, sorry. You need to wear something appropriate."

I rolled my eyes. "Ugh, fine, but I don't have to be happy about it."

I got out of the car and closed the door behind me. Calyx linked his arm with mine, and I stilled for a second, unsure of how I felt about him touching me like this, being so close to me. Calyx is a nice guy, but there has always been something about him that gives me an odd feeling.

"Ready to have some fun?" He grinned.

"This is not my idea of fun." I groaned.

Calyx dragged me towards a fancy dress shop. I peered into the window and saw rows of beautiful dresses and racks of shiny-looking jewelry. Before entering the store, I stopped in my tracks and looked down at my attire, then up at the reflection staring back at me in the glass door.

I was wearing faded blue jeans, a black tank top and my favourite brown boots. My hair was up in a messy bun, and I looked tired, worn out. I really did not want to go into this fancy place looking the way I did, only to feel even more out of place.

My heart began to pound in my chest. "Wait, Calyx, I don't have any money. How am I going to buy a dress?" I asked, embarrassed.

He waved me off. "Oh, don't worry about that; Cain is paying for it." He smiled.

I didn't know how I felt about him buying me things. Would I owe him for it? What would he want from me? The last thing I want is to be in debt to him.

We entered the store, and a gorgeous woman approached us, with the fakest smile plastered on her face.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" She inquired, looking only at Calyx.

Calyx straightened himself and became all serious. "Freja, here, needs an elegant dress. I want a few selections brought out for her to try on, and the price is not an issue."

She finally acknowledged me. "Of course, follow me, and I'll bring you a few things to try on." Her smile and demeanour were so fake; it was comical.

We followed her to the store's back, where a row of small rooms was lined against the wall. Calyx took a seat in one of the lounge chairs. He stretched his arms out across the fabric of the chair and crossed his legs, trying to be all macho.

After a moment, the lady returned with multiple dresses and handed them to me.

"Here, give these a try and see if you like any of them. You can choose any of the empty rooms to change in." She nodded towards the row of small rooms.

I looked to Calyx with a "Please help me." expression, but he just smirked and motioned for me to get moving. I rolled my eyes and walked into one of the rooms.

Dress after dress I tried on and each one, I didn't like. They were either too fancy, too little material or the colour was ugly as shit. Finally, there were two dresses left. I put the one on and walked out of the room. Calyx looked at me and scrunched his face.

I huffed loudly. "That's it! I give up; I'm not going." I declared.

"Come on, don't be a poor sport. You have one more dress to try on." He reminded me.

I groaned in annoyance and returned to the room. I'll admit, I had saved this one for last, as I knew it would be the one that I chose. I slipped the dress on and felt like a beautiful goddess, which I never did. It was a black and gold lace dress. The dress was floor-length and backless, with thin spaghetti straps. The fabric moulded to my curves perfectly and didn't leave too much revealed to the wandering eye.

I stepped out of the room and twirled a bit to showcase the dress to Calyx. His eyes widened, and a smile spread across his face.

Calyx whistled, "Yes! That's the one." He clapped his hands together.