Chapter Sixty Four.

Chapter Sixty Four
Primadonna

Chapter Sixty FourPrimadonna

PROM. A NIGHT for teenagers to have fun and let loose. A night for young kids to break away from their stresses and enjoy a night to themselves. Sydney had been dreaming of the perfect prom since she was thirteen. She wanted to find the perfect dress, the perfect shoes, and the perfect man. So far, she got all three. Sydney was ready to rid herself of the stress with karate and dance and have a fun night with her boyfriend and friends.

Sydney stood in front of her large mirror and examined the sapphire blue fabric that hugged her body. It was a satin mermaid style and dipped into a deep V-neck. Her hair and makeup were done, her mom having styled it in an elegant low bun with her front pieces curled. Caroline was a wizard with a makeup brush.

The British woman entered the bedroom and gasped. "Oh Sydney, you look stunning!"

"Thanks mum," Sydney smiled and ran her hands across the fabric again. "It's perfect,"

"The perfect choice," Caroline agreed and smiled at her disgusted through the mirror. "Oh, I remember my first prom. I drank too much of the punch and ended up on the bathroom all night."

Sydney's eyes widened. "Mum!"

Caroline's eyes widened. "Not that that's going to happen to you! You're going to have the the perfect night. Miguel will make sure of it."

Sydney smiled at his name. "I'm so happy we're going together."

"You two remind me of that couple from that musical movie."

"High School Musical?"

"Yeah,  that one!"

Sydney smiled brightly.

"Sydney,  Miguel's here!"  Her father shouted from downstairs.

Sydney suddenly felt nervous.  "He's here.  Oh my God."

Caroline put her hands on her shoulders.  "Okay,  okay,  don't be nervous.  You're going to have the best time.

"Do I look okay?"  The Brit quickly asked.

Caroline grinned.  "You look perfect,  my love.  Don't have a worry in the world."

Sydney's nerves eased and she smiled.  "Thanks,  mum."

From downstairs,  Miguel stood nervously in the Benoist home.  He clutched the blue rose corsage in his hand and adjusted the jacket of his tux in the other.  He could feel himself start to sweat as he waited for Sydney.

"She's coming!"  Caroline shouted from the top of the staircase and came running down the steps.  She gasped.  "Oh,  Miguel you look so handsome!"

Miguel blushed.  "Thank you,  Mrs.  Benoist."