"Looking for someone?"

Josephine narrowed at Alexis as they sat at a table in a bar. She sipped her glass and couldn't help but noticed the blond acting vigilant.

Alexis snapped her head back at the brunette, "What? No." She failed to play it off.

"You've been looking over your shoulder ever since we walked in here." Josephine scoffed in amusement. "Don't tell me you're an undercover agent or someone is trying to kill you."

"It's neither."

"Mmm...okay, what aren't you telling me?" Josephine arched her brows, going for another swig of her drink.

Before Alexis could develop a coherent response, her younger brother Eric popped up at the table. He was currently a medical student at the same hospital where his older sister works. "Hey! Sorry I was late, is your boyfriend here yet?" He absentmindedly spoke out, sliding in a seat.

"Boyfriend?"

Josephine's questionable tone caught Eric's attention. He flickered to his sister shooting a dark glare at him. His mouth formed an 'o' comprehending his accidental slip up. "Oh, Josie doesn't know."

"Yeah, Josie doesn't know Alexis is dating a new guy." The brunette repeated, darting at the blond who grimaced.

Eric pushed himself off the seat, surrendering. "I'm going to buy a drink while you two talk this out." He stalked away at a rapid pace leaving the duo.

"I swear I was going to tell you." Alexis sighed out.

"Tell me the second he shows up?" Josephine deadpanned. "I'm slightly offended that Eric knew about this guy before me."

Alexis pressed her lips together, "Eric only knows because my boyfriend is a doctor at the hospital." She omitted quietly. "I've been meaning to tell you but there's been a lot going on with your life. Just felt there wasn't the perfect time. Don't think it's the sole reason because we've been taking advantage to keep our relationship to ourselves."

Josephine gnawed her bottom lip reflecting her life. Alexis wasn't wrong since she was grieving over Bryan—still is here and there. These last several months haven't been perfect, more so, navigating through the fog that went endless.

"Well, you don't have to keep your happiness from me. You're my best friend, Alexis. I care that you're happy or found someone. You've been supportive of me. I want to be that person for you." Josephine spoke in a genuine tone.

When Alexis smiled back, the brunette leaned forward on the table. "So, how hot is your doctor boyfriend?"

Meanwhile, the other side of town Buck stumbled inside like a lone wolf into Pico nearly empty. His night took a turn when he crossed paths with a retired firefighter named Red. The newfound friends shared a couple of beers and exchanged stories (mostly Red). Buck noted the older man's devotion about the job from the way he spoke. If anything, Red could recollect every single memory in his years on the field.

The conversation flew by like the time for the bar closing. Buck offered to escort Red back to his apartment. Furthering inside his place, Buck caught a glimpse of past life at his firehouse. Another picture framed of a young man appearing to be Red smiling next to a beautiful woman.

"Hey. Who's this?" He picked up the picture frame, displaying to the former firefighter.

"That's uh Cindy. The one that got away. We were gonna be married."