[ 012 ] time will heal all wounds, but not all

Start from the beginning

"We are the oldest...Luke and Joffrey are still young to understand, but they need a father figure in their life. You and I have to set an example for them and Luke's starting to notice things too." 

"I know," Alyssa sighed and shifted her body to face him, "I just hate change. Ser Harwin's dead, Aunt Laena's dead, F─Father is dead, he died right in front of me...Luke cut Aemond's eye and mother got injured in the process, and I found out that my real father just so happens to be the man I met many years ago and claims he loves me, he hardly knows me!"

The pain was clear in her voice as Jace pulled his sister close to him to console her, "Mother never did tell him the truth sister. He figured it out all on his own...if he would've known─"

"I don't think it would've changed a thing. Why didn't he ever write to me if he had known?" Alyssa huffed, the distant sound of a roar could be heard. 

It was like Alyssa and Cannibal were one. Like her dragon, she was reckless and vengeful. 

"I may not understand what you are feeling right now Lys, but I want you to know that you aren't alone in this." 

"Thank you, Jace. For listening." 

"Always," 

"I'm starting to think that you enjoy pissing off father byka mandia. ( little sister ).

If anyone was deeply pissed off about what Daemon and Rhaenyra did it was Baela. Unlike her twin, she actually made it clear by the glares she sent them both that she was not happy. 

The only thing she seemed happy about was gaining another sister after she lost a sibling and a mother. 

"He thinks that because he married my mother that he could so easily try to replace him despite what I said."

Dragonstone should've felt at home, but instead, Alyssa felt truly alone in the depths of her own sadness and anger. 

The only part of her day she looked forward to is going dragon riding and sword training. Cannibal was the largest dragon compared to Syrax and Caraxes. The two and the rest of the dragons would keep far away from him in fear of being eaten. 

Laenor and Harwin were the ones that privately trained her. And Daemon was delighted and insistent on teaching Alyssa. 

Often times he watched her knock down the boys and even defeat the training instructor. After watching Alyssa pin down Jace much to the amusement of the other children, he would be the one to train her himself. 

Alyssa hated it but in order to be the best, she had to learn from the best. 

"It's his way of showing his love. You say he hardly knows you but you are already his favorite daughter." Baela wasn't saying it out of jealousy but genuinely. 

In a way, the twins always felt closer to their mother growing up. Mainly their Velaryon roots rather than Targaryen. Baela was a mix of both her parents while Rhaena was sweet like their mother but just as fierce. Yes, they did show interest in dragons and learning Valyrian but they weren't as passionate as he was when it came to the Targaryens. 

"Oh no Baela ─" the last thing she wanted was to steal Daemon from Baela and Rhaena. As much as it hurt her to know that her biological father was there for them their whole lives and only saw her at least twice her whole life. 

"It's alright, Alyssa. It's been a while since father has actually smiled since mother passed away and it wasn't because he married Princess Rhaenyra but because of you. "