𝐈𝐊𝐎𝐒𝐈 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐀 - 𝟐𝟑

Start from the beginning

    Her chest rose and fell as a bit of sweat built at the back of her neck. Shoving the leather jacket off of her, she chucks it at Ezekiel's chest and continues, "I am so done being your puppet, again. When you apologized, I truly believed that you had changed, and I sure as hell believed it towards the beginning of this godforsaken trip. But now? Now, I know it was an act—just like when we were married. You would pretend to change and then when I was in too deep, you went back to normal. I'm so tired, Ezekiel, I'm so tired of you." Ezekiel's eyes sparkled in surprise as he opened his mouth but Renee cut him off before a sound could escape his stupidly perfect lips, "I'm doing this one last thing for you, then I'm done. Don't ask me to do anything else because I promise you, I will purposely mess it up."

    Renee quickly heads into the bar, ignoring Ezekiel as he calls out her name. She swings the door open and scurries in to avoid the man. Her eyes make contact with Stefan who looks at her in sympathy—great, so he and Klaus heard the whole thing. She tears her eyes away from him and moves towards the bar area. It was a cool place, a wall of artwork caught her attention. They were all beautiful in their own unique way—the strokes of the brush, the color palette, the subjects.

    However, it was eerily nostalgic. Just a few ten years back she had lost herself in grief. It was a bar that may have seemed insignificant to many but to her, it was the bar where she had abandoned her morals due to her blind rage and lust for vengeance. And Ezekiel had almost found her, but that was a more minor significance.

    As she gets to the bar, she takes a seat and orders a drink—the strongest one she could think of, that is. If she was going to have to endure this, she would need to be at least a little bit buzzed. She rests her chin in her palm, fingers tapping gently against the sticky bar counter. A shaky breath leaves her lips as she feels Ray approaching her. Her mind screamed and screamed for him to just ignore her, to run away, but what were a few shouts in her head going to do? He takes the seat next to her with a sweet smile, "rough night?"

    Renee hums in agreement, eyes shifting from the art on the wall to Ray. He was quite attractive, with a lean build and a soft facial structure. He had a beard which did suit him pretty well. A light smile grows on her face—to anyone it would seem like a kind and sweet look, but Ezekiel saw from across the bar, she felt guilty and the smile gave it up. Her voice was sweet like honey, a stark contrast to the one she used with Ezekiel just mere minutes ago. "Ray," she paused, eyes moving to Ezekiel who was headed over, Klaus close on his tail, "you should really run."

    "What?" he starts to stand before a heavy ring-clad hand pushes him back down into his seat.

    Renee turns her head to see Ezekiel glaring at her. She rolls her eyes and stands up, moving to go outside when his hand wraps around her bicep and he tugs her closer. Her eyes sweep over his features, her stomach churning in unease. She knew he would never hurt her physically but she didn't know if she could look at his face without feeling guilty for believing he was good. Some of his curls fell over his forehead, his eyes as cold as ice, and his jaw tense. "Where are you going?" he asks, his voice harsh.

    "Relax, I would never leave Stefan with y'all alone," she says, trying to shove him away but he seemed to possess a weirdly intense amount of strength. Her lips purse, eyes moving to Ray's frantic ones as Klaus speaks to him. She looks away in guilt and looks at Ezekiel with pleading eyes, "I don't want to see you guys torture some poor man for information. Please let me go outside and wait."

    "Fine," Ezekiel sighs, his free hand digging in his pocket. He pulls out the key and gives it to her. "Stay in the car, it's warmer there."

    Renee doesn't respond and just walks out of the bar, fighting the urge to rip off Ezekiel's and Klaus's heads. God, she couldn't wait to just go home. 

𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐜 

𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫

𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭!