ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏɴᴇ ⬫︎︎ A Daughter of Consequence ⬫︎︎

Start from the beginning

They couldn't know of her powers, and they could never know who she really was — who she really came from.

Evelyn Hyacinth was only twenty when she died. Y/N was told she died while giving birth, but she wasn't that stupid.

A curse that was supposed to kill her and somehow it was her mother that died? No, something went wrong.

And she was going to find out.

And Hogwarts was her answer.

Y/N sighed and let her arm hang off her bed, the ball dropping to the floor. A soft meow echoed from under her bed and she eyed the ground as a grey paw came out and swiped at the ball.

She only to wait a few months.

She shook her head and looked back up at the ceiling.

They were going to the train station today to pick Hermione up from Hogwarts. It was officially summer break, which means months of no escape from her sister.

Ever since Y/N was four and started muggle school, just a year after Hermione, the two simply stopped talking to each other - or were arguing.

No one knows what happened, not even Y/N.

One day, they were thick as thieves, but then Hermione woke up one morning and decided Y/N was a waste of space, much to her confusion.

From then on, Y/N spent most of her life trying to win her back over until giving up when she was nine, overhearing her talk to her Aunt Delphine.

Despite the relation to her stepmother, Aunt Delphine was nothing like Dinah, at least in the company of others. But when it was just Y/N with her, she was more like the wicked witch.

She made it clear how she felt about her and her ' impurity '.

Though, of course, she was never brave enough to tell her parents. Especially Dinah, who has looked up to her big sister for years. She would never want to ruin that.

Just because one pair of sisters were shattered, didn't mean another had to be.

So when she overheard her big sister talking to Delphine, complaining about her, she knew it was a relationship she had to give up. She could pretty much guess where her change in attitude came from.

A knock sounded from her doorframe and she pushed herself up, resting on her elbows as she watched her father walk in with a smile.

"Hey, Vi," he said softly, glancing down at Ghost, who peaked his head out. "Are you ready to head out?"

Y/N's lip twitched up at the nickname before huffing, blowing hair out of her face. She sat up before shrugging.

"No, but I don't have a choice do I?"

His nose scrunched up and he shook his head.

"If it helps, you can bring Ghost with us?"

"Really," Y/N said with a hopeful smile. She looked at her father with twinkling eyes as he nodded. "I was sure we'd have to place him with the neighbors."

He scoffed and grabbed the door, hinting he was about to walk out.

"That's mean. I wouldn't put Miss. Marietta through that -" he gave the Birman cat a pointed look "- but if he doesn't behave, I'm throwing him out the window."

As he walked out, Y/N grinned and bent down to scoop Ghost in her arms. His paw swiped at her gently.

Over the past few months, Ghost has matured enough that it was favored to hold him with two arms. Though he was still a rather small cat, so it wasn't necessary. However, they learned from the vet that it was normal for his breed.