"Yes ma'am," I said like a child.

"Also enjoy with your husband to - be" She teased me.

"Shut up. He's not husband to-be yet!" I said sounding angry but in reality, I was blushing.

"I know you're blushing!" She teased me again.

"No, I am not! Bye!" I said cutting the call as I heard her laugh on the other side.

I went to the kitchen and informed mom that Rubina is not coming and told her about our meet-up in the evening.

"Acha go-" My mom was cut off by the doorbell. "They are here!"

"Go to your room. Prepare yourself and I'll come to call you. Okay" I nodded and my mom went to open the door and I ran up to my room.

"Welcome, Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra!" I heard my dad say as I closed my room's door.

Come on Ashi! Prepare yourself!

"What's your name?" I started talking to myself.

"Ashi Sharma"

Ugh, of course, they would know that!

"What do you do?"

"I am a fashion designer"

"For how long?"

"4 years"

I was asking myself questions when I heard the sound of the door of my room open.

"Ashi, come," My mom said opening the door.

I nodded and took a deep breath before leaving the room.

It's okay Ashi, it's not a job interview, you are just meeting a new family.

That's all! Be confident!

I went down the stairs with my head down hoping that the family is sweet and the boy is handsome and hot as hell.

I lifted my head and saw a boy in his early 20s who I am guessing would be the boy's brother, he was sitting beside an old couple talking to my parents who would be his parents.

But, where is the boy I am gonna marry?

"Namaste uncle - aunty" I greeted them.

"Namaste beta" They both greeted back.

"Hayee you are so beautiful," The old woman said.

"Thank you, aunty," I said as I took a seat beside my mom.

"So you are a fashion designer, I see," The old man asked.

"Yes, uncle" I replied.

"How long have you been a Fashion Designer?"

"Since the last 3-4 years"

"Do you -" She stopped. "Vansh! Finally, you are free from your call!" said looking behind me.

Wait what! Vansh? Is it him?!

No, there could be a million Vanshs! Not just him! Right?

'Vansh' came and sat opposite me.

I looked up at him and it was HIM!
There are a million Vansh and why did it have to be HIM?

I was shocked to see him! 5 years! 5 years have changed him so much! He's so tall, muscular, and handso-

No stop, Ashi! Stop!
Don't forget what he did to you 5 years ago!

I was brought out of the shock by my mom nudging me slightly.

"Ashi, greet him" she whispered to me.

"Hello," I mumbled.

"Hi" He replied, smiling.

How does he even have the guts to smile? I so want to kill him right now!!

"I think we should let the children talk alone." Vansh's mother said.

Yes! I think we should!

"Yes, sure!" My mom said and told me to take him to my room.

We both entered my room and I closed the door behind me.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I said loudly but not loud enough for my voice to go out of my room.

"I am here to ask your hand for marriage," He said calmly taking a seat on my bed. "And I know you cannot say no"

"I can!"

"No, you cannot. I know that very well, baby"

"Shut up! Don't call me baby!" I said getting angry.

"Okay. Okay. Don't get angry." He said getting up. "I just wanted you to give me a second chance, forget what happened earlier. Please I promise you, I have changed." He said coming close to me.

"How do I believe that! I can't trust you!"  I said making the distance between us, remembering our past.

"Ashi, I know you don't have any other option but say yes. So I know that you will give me a second chance."

"I will say No! That's final!" I said and opened the door before taking a deep breath to make myself look calm.

I went down the stairs with Vansh following me and everyone's attention shifted toward us.

"They are here!" my dad said looking at us.

"So beta what are your answers?" Vansh's mom asked smiling and with hope in her eyes.

~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter!

What do you think will Ashi's answer be?
Yes or No?

Hint of the next chapter: Their answers + their past

Please vote for the next chapter ⭐️
Thank you for reading! 💕💕