LADY JEYNE, ix. passing fancy

Start from the beginning

"If there was anything she was drinking too much off, it definitely wasn't water." Arya scoffed in frustration, poking her needles profusely into the circular template.

"I don't care if I'm being rude." Arya snapped after Jeyne sent her a pointed look seeping with reprimand. "The only reason she's going is so she can flirt with Robb."

Jeyne frowned at the words, biting down on her lip to subdue her discomfort at the thought of her seductress of a sister batting her eyelashes and touching his arm coyly. She felt a strange feeling, was it envy? Surely it is not that, it is just that you think that he is meant to be yours. Silly Jeyne.

       "She's going to steal him from you!" Arya cried out, panic in her eyes most likely at the idea of Maegelle being her good sister. It would be like having another Sansa around, though at least Sansa wasn't as shrewd, just a little annoying.

      "He is not mine to be stolen." Jeyne muttered, shaking her head free from foolish ideas as she return her attention to the needle and thread in her hands.

Minutes after she sighed defeatedly, the wilful girl turned to smile at Jeyne roguishly as if having concocted a devilish scheme. Ignoring the look of heeding in her wide eyes, Arya grinned with all her teeth in display before she clasped at one of Jeyne's labouring hand with her own loveable teensy one and once again, dragging her out of a room she felt no need for them to be.

"Come back this instant Arya or I am telling your mother!" Septa Mordane called furiously after the wild wolf.

Sansa rolled her eyes at the Septa's demands. "I don't think she cares much if you do."

The more timid of the two, however, protested profusely to her abduction whilst she was all but being hoisted to the courtyard. "You have got to stop pulling me everywhere!" Jeyne exclaimed exasperatedly, nearly slipping over her own two feet whilst she was being tugged harshly down the stony rough steps that would expose her to the bitter bite of the cold winds. "And how are you so tiny but still so strong?!"

        "No Arya I don't want to!"

      "He's not really a wolf! He won't eat you!"

       "Yes but he might bite."

       "Don't be such a baby Jeyne."

      "Please don't make me go there!"

Those were the repetitive exchanges Jon Snow had been overhearing as he was guiding Bran in the ways of archery. Trudging over to the source of noise, Jon raised an eyebrow as he bit his lip in attempts to conceal his amusement at the squabbling pair. Secreted by one of the many arching walls of the long standing keep, Arya and Jeyne stood there bickering back and forth.

"How are you going to marry him if you can't even speak to him?"

"I speak to him," Jeyne countered, whispering under her breath. "Occasionally."

"Arya what are you forcing her to do this time?" Jon questioned his sister, a facade of sternness written all over his face as he spared Jeyne a fleeting glance, crouching down to his sister. Had her heart not already been hammering in her chest, the zeal in Jon's eyes as they skimmed over her face carelessly would have had it skipping a beat. His clothes, per usual, were lacking variation with the bastard boy being coated in an inky black attire from almost head to toe. Although, there were faint grey tinges in the chest armour he adorned. Jeyne supposed he, Denys and the rest of the boys had been sparring again along with practising more like flaunting their archery skills to the youngest in their midst.