You came to the conclusion it may be because Ronal sees something in you. Yes you're smart and very good at memorializing things you're supposed to do to be a Tsahìk, but your relationship to Eywa is strong. Though you felt she hadn't been in your favor recently, you knew she had a plan. She was leading you towards a life that may be fruitful for you, even if you couldn't see it now. Even if you wanted to be stubborn about it and raise hell over mating with some skxawng you knew it was the will of Eywa over yours.

You sighed as you stood on the bridge, peaking to the sand bar where Ao'nung was missing from. Where could he be? You thought that he wanted to see you. You wanted him to want to see you, to get on his knees and beg for forgiveness.

You began to walk towards the sand bar anyways, brows furrowed as you looked around. You lifted your hand above your eyes to squint towards the outer reef, noticing the boy riding back on ilu with his friends. Finally he came closer into view, you lowering your hand to your mouth to cover your smile. There was bruises all over the boys. They had got it worse than you and your brothers, a lot worse. Ao'nung's eyes moved to you, then back to his friends in which he laughed and slipped off his Ilu. His friends then swam off, Ao'nung taking a few steps towards you.

"So." You started, Ao'nung crossing his arms.

"So?" He spoke, annoyance in his tone. You scoffed at his, taking a step back.

"You're not going to apologize?" You questioned, noticing the gulp from Ao'nung's throat.

"I dont know what you're talking about." He stated, head turning down a bit.

"You have a guilty conscience, it's all over you." You rolled your eyes, Ao'nung thinning out his lips.

"What should I be sorry for? You should be apologizing for attacking my brothers." He spoke, towering over you slightly. You continued to stand tall, anger on his face.

"Maybe for saying you hate me." You took a step back and shook your head.

"You can't get that through your head, can you?" You scoffed weakfully. You then shook your head, still quiet as you took a few steps back. Ao'nung continued to stare down to you, eyebrows furrowed. He was looking to your busted lip.

"You're useless.." you breathed out, turning.

You began to walk away, head down as you did so. Your wrist was suddenly caught, stopping you from walking. You turned back to Ao'nung, his face still still.

"I.. I'm sorry for saying I hate you, okay? I didn't mean it." He stated, you pulling your wrist from his hand. His apology felt real yet it still didn't feel.. Good enough.

"Shouldn't you also apologize for bullying me and my sister? Disrespecting my family?" You questioned, Ao'nung's eyes fluttering.

"I'm sorry." He apologized once more, you standing quietly. You didn't know how to feel, the boy waiting for you to say that 'it was okay'. You crossed your arms, still not feeling content.

"Thank you for saying that.." you looked down, chewing on your inner cheek.

Ao'nung stood quietly in front of you, eyes still looking down to your face. You licked over your lips, a small, painful 'mm' coming from your mouth as you did so. Your lip was still sore. You reached up to your mouth, pressing your finger gently against the cut before you dropped your arm.