Chapter 26

A/N: First authors note 😏- I love all of you so much. All of the support I've gotten, especially recently, is so crazy to me considering this story isn't that old. I really do enjoy writing it and try to include a little bit of everything for everyone. This chapter is filled with good Leo moments, so be sure to enjoy! 😉

Avoiding your boyfriend is always hard. Avoiding your boyfriend when he's an elite ninja is even harder. Still, I fought through it, for his benefit. It was a scheme of all things, developing a plan in secret, then getting everyone to meet up in the dojo while Leo was showering so we could talk. There were only a few days until he turned seventeen, but I was fully determined to throw him a great birthday party. 

The whole deal was that we'd get everything beforehand while Master Splinter distracted him with one-on-one sessions, something I knew Leo would be voluntarily to. Then, the night before his birthday Donnie would say that he saw something weird on the security cameras so that Casey could distract Leo up top for a bit. During that time, we'd setup the party. Lastly, I made a list of decorations I'd buy, along with settling food, and making a list of things Leo likes present wise. Raph also added that they had a few mutant friends who could stop by, in which case I agreed.

Since it was only a few days till, I had been sneaking out of the lair with Mikey, Raph, and Donnie to get things, making sure the foot wasn't watching. I catered Murakami's and Antonios pizza for April to pick up that night, along with presents as well. Mikey volunteered to bake the cake in which I easily agreed. Everything was set, now the plan was in motion. 

Leo and I had just finished up training, when Don promptly called for Leo into the lab. 

"Look," he said, worry laced on his features. 

He swiveled in his chair, showing the monitor with security camera feedback replaying. I watched behind Leo, as several purple dragons seemed to be lurking around the docks inconspicuously. 

"We should check it out," Leo determined, arms crossed. A smirk grew across my face, knowing it was working. 

"I'll tag along," Casey also walked in on cue.

"Good, we'll be back by dinner."

Leo turned around. Heading towards the door, he softly rubbed my hand with reassurance before leaving. He was never one for public display, it was sneaky, his body positioned so it would be private. It was always the little things with Leo, and I loved it. 

I smiled, watching the two boys go out before rushing to shut the door. I sighed in relief, Donnie and I grinning at each other in victory. 

"Is that footage real?" I asked. 

"Nope, made it myself," he proudly claimed. 

"Impressive," I butted his arm. "Thank you."

"No problem, now are you ready to decorate?" 

"You know it!" Mikey busted through the door holding the hefty boxes of party supplies. 

"Have you been there the entire time?!" Dee yelled in shock. 

"Yep!" 

"Alright, we should start," I said, laughing. 

Raph, Donnie, and I were in charge of decorating the entire lair. Mikey would then focus on the cake, April would get the food, and Master Splinter would greet guests. 

All of the decorations clashed well, light and dark blues with hints of yellow and white. Dee setup the speakers I got in the dojo so that we could play music, with some LED's and a disco ball to set the mood. Along with it, streamers and balloons coated the place, a large 'Happy Birthday Leonardo' sign I had made being hung up at large. The cake was set on a table inside the dojo, the food now sitting beside it as April came back.