Twenty Seven (The end)

Demi had a wide smile on her face as she put the last lunch box in the picnic basket. It had been three years since the death of Joe and Kaylee coming back. No signs were shown that Joe was ever going to come back again or that Kaylee was going to leave them. She had all four of their children in her house giving birth to a little boy just six months after everything had happened. She took Joe's word and called him something that she knew was Joe's favourite name for a boy. Jayden William Jonas. They all had his last name but Demi didn't. She was a Lovato but soon would become Mrs. Valderrama. She met Wilmer just days after she came home with Kaylee from the hospital. He had been there for her throughout the pregnancy with Jayden and everything afterwards, she wasn't ready to date straight away but he waited until she was and now they were getting married. He was great with the four kids and that's all that matters. He was unable himself to have children and just enjoyed the four that Demi did have.

"Hey babe, you nearly ready?" Wilmer questioned as he enter the room. "The kids are all ready."

"Yeah I'm done, let's go." Demi replied leaning up pecking his lips gently before taking his hand. They made their way into the living room where seven year old Kaylee, five year old Adam and where three year old Ella and Jayden were waiting while they watched TV.

"Come on monkey's, it's time to go see daddy!" Wilmer exclaimed sounding excited. He knew about Joe and how much Demi still loved him but that didn't put him off. He knew that he was a great man and what he had done so Kaylee could live. It was hard to believe but he believed Demi whatever she told him about Joe.

Demi held Jayden and Ella's hand as they all wondered up the hill to visit Joe again like they did everyday on the date that he died on. They reached the top seeing the view from the top of the cliff. It wasn't the same cliff Joe and Kaylee fell from and died, that cliff was unsafe to even walk on but Joe's love for cliff diving meant that there was no other place for him to buried on other than a cliff which was safe enough.

"Hi daddy," Kaylee breathed as she ran over to the gravestone. "Thank you again for letting me live, I love my family more than anything." Demi smiled laying her hands on the little girl's shoulders only letting go as each of the children laid a flower down on the grave. They all had their own little thing to say to their father and took turns even Wilmer who had him to thank for making Demi so happy for so many years and giving him this wonderful family He also always promised to be by the side of his family and look after them. Demi knew Joe would approve of Wilmer, he treated her right and their four children. Wilmer would then take the children a little further down the cliff so Demi could have a chat with Joe by herself. Demi waved to the kids as the disappeared down the cliff with her soon to be husband, she sat down on the grass next to his grave. 

"So it's been another year, Kaylee is doing well at school and Adam started kindergarten this year. Ella and Jayden are still the best of friend and don't worry, I haven't failed in telling them more about you. It's been three years but my love for you hasn't change, it's not long now until Wilmer and I get married and he knows all about you and everything you've done for our family. I know you're watching over us and still taking care of the children, making sure they don't get into trouble or anything but you have to admit they are going to get into trouble because their your children," Demi laughed to herself as she wiped away her tears. "Your parents and brothers miss you just as much and I know they will be up later to have a chat, we probably don't come up enough but our lives are so hectic. Just never forget how much we love you and know that I will be up there with you someday, then you can finally meet Wilmer and Jay. Goodbye Joe and I will be up soon." Demi leaned over kissing the gravestone before getting up again. She laid her flower over the five others before making her way back down the cliff where she saw Wilmer and her children gathered around a picnic blanket waiting for her so they could start.

"Are you okay?" Wilmer questioned when she saw that she was crying but she cried everytime she came up to his grave.

"I'm fine, just miss him." She admitted kissing his cheek wrapping her arm around Jayden as he tried to have a cuddle with her.

"What were your last words to daddy?" Adam questioned looking up at his mom.

"I love you too and I still love him just as much. He loves you all too, don't forget that." Demi replied looking around at her four children as they looked at her.

Demi was right, Joe was watching over them a wide smile on his face as he watched his family having a picnic. They were happy and that's all he cared about. He couldn't be more proud. 

——————————————————————-

Thanks for reading and some comments would be great!

Remember to check out my other stories! :)