Chapter 60 - The Welcomed Visitor & The Unwelcomed One

Start from the beginning

"From who?"

"Mr. Haitani told me" she answered.

"Ran or Rindou?"

"Mr. Ran."

"Of course it was him." I let out a sigh. "He just doesn't know how to keep those lips of his shut, does he" I mumbled. "I swear I could just punch him in the throat." If I could ball my hand into a fist, I would just so I could start practicing my throat punching techniques.

"You're going to throat punch Mr. Ran?" Yumi asked me.

"Who's going to throat punch me?" Ran walked out of the room and stared at me. "Is it you (Y/n)?"

"Of course it's me, asshole."

Ran chuckled and pointed at the Bonten tattoo that was located on his throat. "Whenever you try to punch me in my throat, make sure you aim here, Princess."

"I hate you so much."

"You say that now, but I'm sure you'll change your mind after we get some time alone." He gave me his signature smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "Ugh."

Not really being into the conversation Ran and I was having and being concerned about me, Yumi intervened. "Um (Y/n), if you don't mind me asking, but why are you in the hospital?" Yumi asked.

"I um cut my fingers when I was cooking" I lied. I decided not to tell her about my thigh injury. Also I knew I couldn't really tell her that I actually got shot and some bozo cut half my fingers so deep that I needed stitches.

"Could I see your hands?"

"Sure." I held my hands out for her to take.

"Are you sure it was a cooking accident that did this?"

"Yeah" I lied as I looked at Kakucho for backup. He saw me look at him but didn't say anything. "Help me! Help me, Kakucho!" I thought in my head. "I wasn't using the proper cutting technique."

"And you some how manage to forget five times about the proper cutting technique?" Yumi wasn't fully believing my story.

"I'm very forgetful." That's a lie, I ain't forget shit. "You can even ask Kakucho."

"Is this true Mr. Hitto?"

"It's true unfortunately" Kakucho also lied.

"Finally he's backing me up" I thought as Yumi carefully let my hands go.

Yumi now had a pout on her face. "Well you need to be more careful, (Y/n)" she scolded me. "If you want, I can show you how to properly hold a knife when you're getting ready to cut up whatever ingredient you plan on cutting."

"She actually believed my bs?" I thought. "Really? I would love to learn the proper way from you." Of course this was still bs, I just had to make it seem believable. "Maybe when they release me from the hospital when can get together sometime." I knew saying that would make both Kakucho and Ran look at me.

"Maybe I might join you two" Ran said.

"As if." I tried grabbing Yumi's hand and lead her into my hospital room, closing the door behind us. "Oh, I didn't know you would be in here too." I gave Rindou a stank look and made Yumi follow me to my bed. I had her sit in the chair that was next to it.

Rindou ignored my comment and the face I made at him. "So you cut your fingers while cooking?" 

"Yeah?"

"Of course only you would manage something like that."

"Anyways" I turned my attention to Yumi. "How are things with you?"